Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-07-2006, 14:32   #1

Long term crusing restarting November 06

Hi,

I am a multi talented, adventurous, independant, bright and fearless mum with a 6 year old daughter to be proud of. I am fed up of UK winter and sitting in front of a PC screen while my boat's on the hard and my daughter's bored at school.

I am dreaming of setting sail in warmer climates from about October 06 and earning (either online or in foreign lands) as I travel. I have one of those minds that cannot settle unless it is constantly challenged with new learning so new languages, cultures, skills and experiences are as essential to me as air and water. I live to sail and have the ability to make it anywhere. I also believe that my daughter deserves a better true life education than the distorted image she is getting from school.

I am thinking of selling my 29' UK based boat and buying a larger one on the other side of the Atlantic. I will need crew that is good with children and would prefer a longer term relationship of months and years rather than days and weeks. Alternatively I could crew for a child friendly skipper that has a compatable agenda. The important thing is that I regain my freedom to live and learn.

If you fancy bouncing some ideas around with me I'd be delighted to hear from you. sap3@hotmail.com

Tags
long term cruising