Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2015, 08:59   #1

Little experience but keen to sail - north east Scotland but flexible

Hiya.

I've done some coastal sailing in the past including a couple of weekend rallies of the west coast of Scotland and a one week bareboat charter on a flotilla in Greece (I skippered, for want of a better word). I have about 21 days experience on board plus a season or so of 19' dinghy racing in the Irish Sea.

Thanks to a myopic car driver a few years ago I sustained some injuries when I was knocked off my motorbike and I still have the joint problems to prove it but I'm getting better at managing them and they don't stop me doing moderately strenuous stuff, they just mean I get sore from them more easily. I'm aware of my limitations and would never put the boat or crew at risk because of them - it makes more sense to exclude myself from bow duties in rough weather (in exchange for somebody else's housekeeping duties?).

I'm currently studying my RYA Day Skipper Theory and intend doing the practical course in a few months, but in the meantime, and after that course, I'll be looking to start clocking up the miles and hours on watch.

My current goal is to join a boat on the ARC transatlantic in 2016, and everything between now and then will be geared towards that: fitness, weight loss, skill honing etc. Who knows what I'll do once I've achieved that lifelong ambition, but I hope it'll involve more sailing.

So if you have space for a fast learning, slow running, non-smoking, social drinking, 46 year old guy with a broad sense of humour and a (mostly) laidback live & let live attitude, and wouldn't mind sharing your boat for a day or week at a time please drop me a line. I'm something between a househusband and self employed so have quite flexible schedule.

Cheers.

Pete.
Old 09-06-2015, 03:08   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Little experience but keen to sail - north east Scotland but flexible

16-30.07 From Brest (France) to Dublin (Ireland) or 16-30.08 from Bergen (Norway) to Swinoujscie (Poland) Call me by whitewhale.mjp@gmail.com
Old 14-06-2015, 02:29   #3

*** UPDATE ***

I should've been clearer in my original message so sorry for any confusion.

I am currently looking for sailing in UK waters, especially around the coast of Scotland or the north of England - with a strong preference for the north east of Scotland where I am based.

This is solely because at the moment I can't fit in any extra travel beyond a few hours drive to/from the boat.

Tags
enc, sail, Scotland