Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2014, 06:31   #1

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
Liberty 49' from St. Thomas, USVI non-stop to Brunswick GA departing May 22

Crew Wanted, Liberty 49 from St. Thomas USVI non-stop to Brunswick GA departing May 2

You must be available to arrive in St. Thomas (U.S. Virgin Islands) by May 21st and allow about 2 weeks for the passage to Brunswick GA. This is an opportunity to make a 1200NM offshore passage on a very comfortable / well equipped sailboat with an experienced skipper who has recently completed a solo world-circumnavigation.

This is a delivery passage rather than a "cruise" and while we do try to have fun it should be considered an opportunity to learn and accumulate sea-miles with an experienced skipper who is happy to teach in exchange for your help with watches, cooking, cleaning and general maintenance of the boat. These are volunteer positions and this is not a "shared expense or paid trip". Your only expense will be getting yourself to and from the boat. I will pay for on board food, customs, and immigration fees associated with the passage after your arrival.

This particular passage is aboard a very well equipped 49 ft Liberty (53ft overall), a cutter rigged monohull. She was bought by her present owners in 2004 and in 2006 thru 2007 went through a total refit and is unquestionably the finest restored Liberty 49 available in the fleet. Our current intent is to sail non-stop offshore direct from the USVI to Brunswick GA about 1200 nautical miles.

If you are available for this passage it is important that you EMAIL me at KirkALittle at Hot Mail dot com and be sure to include your phone number(s). I may not be able to check replies sent on or through this message board.

It is also good idea to include plenty of information about yourself your level of experience, and tell me why you would like to crew for this passage. In turn I will be happy to answer all of your questions and forward you detailed information about the vessel and skipper.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

-Kirk
Old 15-05-2014, 18:53   #2

Re: Liberty 49' from St. Thomas, USVI non-stop to Brunswick GA departing May 22

i am currently in st thomas and would love to join your crew