Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-02-2011, 16:34   #1

Boat: Sailing boat
Leaving New Zealand by Sailing Boat to Keep Traveling

Hello,

My name is Marie, I am a french 30 years old girl.
I ve been travelling for nearly a year and a half in South America and now in New Zealand.
My dream is to leave New Zealand by boat, at the begining of April, as my one year visa expires in two months.
I ve been wanting to realise that dream since I started to travel. It s about time to do it now!
My sailing experience is very small : I ve spent a week on a motor boat sailing aroud italian islands years ago. I ve done a one week sailing summer camp in west of France, I do some sailing in the Lac d Annecy sometimes during holidays and I love swiming. So it s not a lot, but I am quite used to the water element.
Above all, I am super motivated to lear how to sail, to be helpful and to spend time on a sailing boat on the sea. I like manuel tasks and physical activities as I am very fond of every outdoor activities.
I can also easily join a boat in Australia.
Then, I d love to go to the Pacific Islands, especially New Caledonia. i d love to go to Bali, Thailand. But I also have the idea of going back home by boat.
Many open questions, many dreams! It will depend on who I meet and if the plans match!
Hope to get in touch with you soon!
Marie
Old 14-02-2011, 17:05   #2

Boat: a sailing boat
Hang around Opua at the departure window (April / May) - that's where many of the departing boats sign off.

Also, ask some friends to hang your adds and ask around in Auckland and Whangerei marinas - these are probably two other places where departing cruisers congregate.

Cheers and 'bon luck!' ;-),
b.
Old 17-02-2011, 11:22   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Contessa OOD34
Hi,
Would you be interested all or part of a delivery from San Francisco, Hawaii, Fanning, Palmyra, Samoa, Fiji, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, NZ by late November leaving April? You would need to organise transport to San Francisco and a USA B1B2 visa.
Craig.
Old 13-03-2011, 18:38   #4

Re: Leaving New Zealand by Sailing Boat to Keep Traveling

Im in Whitsunday Islands (AUS) bound for South Pacific this voyage might suit you. Email me sailsouthpacific (at) hotmail (dot) com if you would like more infomation.

Tags
sailing