Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 13:27   #1
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Leaving from Panama Heading North

i just completed transit of the Panama canal and am anchored off Panama City, Panama. The crew who helped me through has left to take care of some personal business.

So I am once again looking for 1 or 2 crew to come along with me heading north. My intended itinerary is: spend a few days in Islas Las Perlas, then head to the area of Golfito, Costa Rica for a while. Then on to Golfo de Nicoya, CR. Next stay will be in El Salvador. Then it's on up the Pacific coast of Mexico.

There will be opportunities to leave the boat and fly home from these countries, though we will be anchoring out in more or less isolated places most of the time. I would like to have crew who can spend a minimum of 2 weeks on the boat because of this.

My boat is a 36ft Canadian Sailcraft. Pretty well equipped. Small, but you will have your own berth. I pay all expenses except for your transportation and eating/drinking onshore, but I work you hard . Email me with any questions about me, my boat, my expectations, or ....

If you are interested and can join the boat soon in Panama, or somewhere along the route, get back to me soon. I would like to leave Panama City next week, but can delay a bit if necessary. I believe it's possible to get reasonably priced last minute tickets on Spirit Airlines, which flies here.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Margo
s/v Baja Beagle
Panama cell: (507)6682-9457

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 09-10-2012, 13:35   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Re: Leaving from Panama Heading North

great to hear you are once again on the move margo!

maybe try on the Yacht crew agency, yacht crew vacancy, sailing crew from Crewseekers website it is getting cold here now and you will get a lot of interest at this time of year!

all the best alex
Old 09-10-2012, 14:04   #3
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

awesome!! you are onmy side of the istsmus of panama....welcome to the pacific...now, find me--i will leave here for zihuatenejo mid nov, methinks---i have someone in place in zihuat, with house and hot shower. you are welcome also---so mebbe we meet there?
Old 11-10-2012, 09:56   #4
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Margo... you made it through... good on yer gal. Was the engine as painful as feared or did you sigh with relief at the end game.
Good sailing from now on is my hopes for you after Shelter Bay for the summer... Go Girl

It was a dark and stormy night and the captain of the ship said.. "Hey Jim, spin us a yarn." and the yarn began like this.. "It was a dark and stormy night.."
Old 11-10-2012, 15:14   #5

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35'

Email sent to your gmail account.
Old 12-10-2012, 15:01   #6
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
... did you sigh with relief at the end game.
Not until I saw that place receeding in my wake! What an ordeal.
But you have your own set of problems. Are you still in Oz?

Old 13-10-2012, 06:17   #7

are you making stops in el salvador , honduras, nicaragua?? or are you gonna bomb righ tup to huatulco, mexico??? i hear is a good place to check into mexico...i will be sailing to zihuat leaving later innovember--mebbe mid nov--mebbe i can get there by thanksgiving -would be cool to have a kind of boating family turkey day...if you get to zihuat before i do, let me know and i will hook ye up with showers in a house 120 steps frombeach with a private beach...dinghy landing place and shower next to a tienda...
Old 13-10-2012, 14:33   #8
Eternal Member

Hey Zee!
I'm planning on a few days in the Las Perlas, then on to Costa Rica. I want to spend a week or so there seeing the parks, and anchoring out. Then on to El Salvador, and on to Mexico. I don't think I'll spend much time anywhere in MX til I get to Zihuateneo. I know we'll cross paths somewhere, just timing is all. If I get crew who stays, I'll move much faster. On my own I'll likely coastal hop anchoring at night.
I would love to take part in some kind do west coast SSSSM shindig if it could be arranged. Get on it, oh leader!

Old 14-10-2012, 04:26   #9

sounds like a plan, ma'am.......see ye in zihuat....
Old 14-10-2012, 09:01   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to thymboy

Could you details "I work you hard" !
Old 16-10-2012, 14:53   #11

Send a message via Skype™ to BeAdrift

Margo,

My name is Chris. Until about a week ago I was a student in college pursuing a military career. I have taken extensive leadership training courses with my ROTC program for the past four years only to find out that my dreams of becoming an active duty officer were crushed by them assigning me to reserve duty. Long story short, I have decided to resign my commission and travel the world on what I have left. The only sailing experience I have is from a basic class I took in college. However, I am in excellent shape and am very quick to learn and attend to any needs you may need to make your voyage easier. I am CPR and First Aid certified. I don't get sea sick and I can read map/gps/heading very well. I am very easy going and easy to get along with. I am an avid backpacker, surfer, diver, photographer, and I am currently attempting a write a book about my journeys. Additionally, I play a little acoustic guitar and ukulele, but beware its only for hobby. I enjoy reading and being around people who bring light to the surface. I have no end in sight for my travels and I am available for long as I am breathing. I am willing to fly to wherever you are anchored and would love to get up with you to discuss this adventure. Two questions:
1. How long do you plan on sailing. (I'm looking for a long term voyage)
2. After your trip north what are your plans?

If you are interested my email is: BeAdrift at gmail.com
I look forward to hopefully hearing from you soon. Thanks for the opportunity. feel free to contact me by any means.
Old 20-10-2012, 11:54   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysci View Post
i just completed transit of the Panama canal and am anchored off Panama City, Panama. The crew who helped me through has left to take care of some personal business.

So I am once again looking for 1 or 2 crew to come along with me heading north. My intended itinerary is: spend a few days in Islas Las Perlas, then head to the area of Golfito, Costa Rica for a while. Then on to Golfo de Nicoya, CR. Next stay will be in El Salvador. Then it's on up the Pacific coast of Mexico.

There will be opportunities to leave the boat and fly home from these countries, though we will be anchoring out in more or less isolated places most of the time. I would like to have crew who can spend a minimum of 2 weeks on the boat because of this.

My boat is a 36ft Canadian Sailcraft. Pretty well equipped. Small, but you will have your own berth. I pay all expenses except for your transportation and eating/drinking onshore, but I work you hard . Email me with any questions about me, my boat, my expectations, or ....

If you are interested and can join the boat soon in Panama, or somewhere along the route, get back to me soon. I would like to leave Panama City next week, but can delay a bit if necessary. I believe it's possible to get reasonably priced last minute tickets on Spirit Airlines, which flies here.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Margo
s/v Baja Beagle
Panama cell: (507)6682-9457
Hi Margo,
My wife Betty and i are currently taking a year out learning to sail in beautifull British Columbia. We have recently completed a RYA competent crew course, i am taking my RYA Day skippers course at the beginning of November for five days. Betty is off to Vegas to meet some girls from home then coming back to me in Victoria BC. We will then be free to do whatever and wondered if we may be of assistance. Please let us know more about yourself, destination, timeframe and your boat, and also if we would be considered with only six months expierience. I am 50 my wife is 55 we hike, cycle, swim and sail on a daily basis so we are both fit and hard workers. if you would like to contact us by email our address is below. Thanks hope to hear from you soon.

Steve & Betty Rhodes
Victoria BC
steve@pacificwestcoast.co.uk
Old 21-10-2012, 10:05   #13

Location: mataro (BARCELONA) email adress quimspanovellas@yahoo.com

Hi
My name is Quim. I'm from Barcelona.
I have already finished the summer season for the Balearic Island and now I am planning to do a new trip.....¿Were?...I don't know!! Panama it's a good option!!
I can fly to any part of the world from November.
Having a look in your plans and I like it, I really think we could fit together.
In this way, It could be interesting we were in contact to value that possibility.
I have a Captain's Yacht Spain degree (equivalent Yacht Master Off Shore )with STCW'95. That is my profession, I enjoy and I want to continue sailing along new seas.I'm experienced and motivation.
Finally, I will appreciate a lot that you get in touch with me as soon as possible.
I'm expecting your answer.
Quim
quimspanovellas@yahoo.com
Old 21-10-2012, 10:40   #14

i will leave here mid november for zihuat, margo-- if you get there before i do , look for joe and maxine(a beagle)--they have a house 120 steps from beach--you can land dink there once you meet joe and max approves..
Old 25-10-2012, 10:57   #15

Could you contact me at lynnrooker@yahoo.com with more details?? Thank you, Stephen

Tags
Panama