Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2014, 20:26   #1

Keen Young Kiwi Available!

Hi all,

My name is Scott; I'm a 21 year old Kiwi from Christchurch, New Zealand and have recently completed my pilot training. My job now allows me some time to be available for crewing around New Zealand when I'm not flying - and I'm very keen to do exactly that!

I am new to the forums but have grown up around the water. My experience to sailing itself is rather limited to just the odd offshore trip with family friends etc. However, I was bought up initially around trailer boats and more recently launches. I'm certainly passionate about the water!

I consider myself to be an extremely reliable, honest, friendly person who is always keen to try new things and learn from those with more experience than what I have. Hence why I am wanting to try my hand as crew on yachts around the country.

My job as a pilot is one that is full of having large responsibly, whilst it is also important to be somebody who can be laid back, calm and collected, and make wise decisions in some tough situations. I believe this will put me in good stead to be a valuable crew member on vessels that I work on.

Please get in touch if you are interested and I will happily provide a C.V!

Warm regards,

Scott

Christchurch
New Zealand
Old 21-03-2014, 15:36   #2

Boat: Leopard 40 Catamaran
Re: Keen Young Kiwi Available!

hey Scott, if you're looking to expand your sailing horizons specifically in NZ, you may want to stick your head in at crew.org.nz