Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 13:30   #1

In pursiut of Big Blue Happiness

Hello,
My name is Carson Selle and I am a 20 year old male born and raised in Colorado. I have decided to take a year off of school to go on an adventure. My main goal is to find my way onto a sail boat in need of some extra assistance. I currently have over 1400 nautical miles under my belt including trips in the US Virgin Islands, Bonaire, and an extended stay in Okinawa. I assisted my previous captain Glenn Maddox and his two adolescent daughters in sailing from Okinawa to Tokyo in a four week stay aboard the Red Thread. Unlike the Caribbean the waters of Japan had an extreme amount of commercial boat traffic and very high winds giving me experience in more difficult conditions. I am a very outgoing person and very good with children as well, seeing that I have three brothers and two sisters. I am also a very experienced swimmer/snorkeler and semi-experienced at spear fishing. I am a PADI open water certified scuba diver with ten plus dives. I am traveling to Puerto Rico near the end of February and will be camping on Flamenco beach on the island of Culebra. My hope is to either find someone in need of help down there or through this sailing forum. Please let me know if you are in need of some extra sailing help. I am a hard worker and will take up chores around the boat if given the opportunity (such as cleaning, cooking, scrubbing every inch of the boat, etc). Please email me for more questions.
Cheers,
Carson Selle
cmanselle21@hotmail.com
720-206-7095
28182 Bonanza Dr. Evergreen CO, 80521