Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-02-2010, 14:56   #1

Location: Live (usually) Vermont/Portland OR- currently in Virgin Islands
Boat: not yet
Immediately - Anywhere in the States or Caribbean

Looking for a crewing position, for next few weeks or months. Willing to travel to you and share food expenses.

My name is Colin, 22/M, from Vermont. I have just finished an epic cross country trip and now am posted up in portland with some friends tryin to figure out the next step for myself. My only one certainty is that i need to get on the open water. I travelled all last winter hitchin around the states and 2 months in central america, with the vauge idea of getting to panama to try and make a pacific crossing. Needless to say i didnt ( i had no desire to get stuck in Colon). I returned home to VT last summer and completed my ASA basic keelboat certification on Lake Champlain. I admit my sailing knowledge is limited, but i have a whole hearted desire to delve into the salty lifestyle, and i consider myself a very quick learner and hard worker. I have done a few bareboat charters in the USVI and BVI and one of the coast of Belize. These were family trips while i was younger so not much sailing knowledge was retained, besides the love of being on a small sailboat cruisin from island to island. I have spent much time in nature and wilderness, backcountry hiking, fishing, hunting, etc.. and have a good set of woodsman skills. I have no medical conditions, past or present, take no perscriptions, i do not get sea sick and have never broken a bone (good milk in Vermont, haha)
I have spent much time travelling, especially latin america and the caribbean, including spending a winter in St Thomas working as a maintence man at a resort. I have worked years in the construction idustry, including tlie work, painting and refinishing, basic carpentry, roofing etc.. I have also worked as a cook and managed a small pizza shop for 2 years. Also spent much time in farming/ horticulture, for work and personal enjoyment. I am a lover of life and the outdoors, i enjoy all the good things, fishing,camping/climbing/hiking,outdoor sports/ recreation, good people/women, cooking and good food, good brews, literature and music are two major players in my life which i love to share with all. I am an easy going guy with many aspirations but little worries, i love to laugh and enjoy life. I can also entertain myself , reading, playing music etc., which i believe is a good skill to have on a boat,hehe. I am very serious about getting on a boat with some like-minded folks and doing some sailing. I have enough cash for shared expenses(food, etc..) and am willing to go almost anywhere to join up. If you want some photos or references let me know. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

As a side bar, i am always looking for new possible crewing oppurtunities, whether it be an ocean crossing or a short cruising trip. Always looking to meet new people and travel to new places for another adventure.
Cheers

Colin
Old 21-02-2010, 04:16   #2

Boat: Radford 40
Hello

Hi Colin

I take folks just like you all the time! I am currently in Puerto Rico. Give me a shout!

Tom

Tags
Caribbean