Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-02-2013, 19:51   #1

I want to go from New Zealand to Chile

Hi all, I am currently in Wellington, New Zealand and I want to go from here to Chile. Does anyone know of a way to get there via boat? I don't have my own boat or know how to use one but would love to learn. I have contacted freighter companies but have been told that due to local rules they can't actually go from NZ to the East or West coasts of S. America. I would like to hitch a ride aboard a privately owned boat that is going from New Zealand to Chile if that is possible. I am really unsure if this is a possible thing, but if it is please let me know, or if anyone knows of a website that deals with this sort of thing, please let me know. It would be like a ride share, just via boat instead of car... I am from the states, but just doing a bit of traveling and working here in New Zealand at the moment. I would be willing to go to different areas of New Zealand if there was a ride from a different area of the country. If anyone has any information on this sort of thing at all, or if someone does know of freighter/cargo boat situation that goes from NZ to Chile or somewhere near there in South America, please please let me know. Thanks so much! amberstyers@gmail.com

Tags
Chile