Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-01-2012, 17:06   #1

I Want Experience and Adventure !

Hello world, I'm 18, in pretty good shape, and ready to explore! I'm pretty green aswell, my sailing experience is only a passage from Hawaii to Victoria on a 50 foot schooner and a little touring of the Vancouver islands on a Cal 27, but that's enough to know I love sailing. I'd prefer if I could get on a boat around Vancouver island and go as south as possible, but I'm really game for anything. I have some cash saved up, although not excessively, so I'd love if any expenses were paid for me but I'm cool with paying for food and fuel and flights if need be. I'm a nice guy, please consider me for your deck-swabber!
Old 20-01-2012, 19:41   #2

Boat: N/A
Send a message via Skype™ to tmsmith
Re: I Want Experience and Adventure!

Good for you!
Sounds like you are on the right track for a life full of adventure! You are young enough to see the world and still settle down to a career. Or you can make crewing a career! Professional Crewing is easy to get into when you're young and you have several career paths available to you. All you really need for professional crewing is an STCW-95 Safety certification. I got mine in Ft. Lauderdale last Summer. I was the oldest guy in the class!

In the meantime, visit my blog at The Competent Crew | Get the most out of your crewing experience. which I just created to help folks just like yourself accomplish your dreams. Join the community!
Old 29-01-2012, 02:54   #3

Hello,
we are looking for crew that needs mile buildings or gain experience for a trip from Rome (italy) to Black Sea (and return back) .
Departing time 15 Feb 2012.
Estimating time of the trip , 2/3 months
Share expenses are requiered (few).
Possibilities of onboard alongside the passage plan (Italy, Greece, Turkey and Bulgaria and Romania)
Minimun duration of berth : 1 week
2 skipper onboard
Jeanneau 42 ' - very safety and full equipped

If interested contact me

diego

Old 09-02-2012, 16:15   #4

Damn, if only I had checked the forum earlier, I wouldève been unvbelievably down! Too bad. If youère voyaging again and need crew, please contact me, I would love to join you. Thanks!
Old 27-04-2012, 20:14   #5

Boat: Beneteau, 45f5, 45
Re: I Want Experience and Adventure !

Need Crew from Los Angeles to Hawaii, late May early June. Interested? 45' Beneteau
Old 28-04-2012, 06:08   #6

Re: I Want Experience and Adventure !

Looking for crew to sail from Venice Florida to Halifax, Nova Scotia. HOpe to leave in the next 10-12 days. 44 ft. yacht,CSY. Captain seeks experienced crew, willing to pay their own way, & food. Adventure at its finest!!