Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-09-2014, 16:52   #1

Heading south along the Pacific side of North America?

Aloha! I am looking to crew on a vessel headed south (to Mexico...and beyond???) along the coast, perhaps coming down from Vancouver or the U.S. Pac NW? Am also able to leave from the Bay Area (CA, of course!), or maybe even San Diego, if need be...who wouldn't welcome a reason to be there?! Also, if you are wanting to maybe drop anchor near La Paz/Los Cabos, to help the community out there a bit, I'm totally down with it!

Me: 35+ female whose legs are meant more for the sea than for land, non-smoker (you don't have to be), scuba-diver with a want for learning to surf and kite-surf, cognizant and agile and will, admittedly, require some patience as I regain my skills on board; I've been on sailboats since being a wee lass but have been tied up amongst land-based commitments so haven't been able to sail in a bit... disaster! I have a great sense of humour- about myself and the world around me, and get along with pretty much everyone. Spanish skills are existent, and improving more and more every day.

Mahalo nui!
Old 24-09-2014, 19:19   #2

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Re: Heading south along the Pacific side of North America?

Just an FYI!

It's ALMOST too late to leave from the PNW unless you get on a large vessel. The weather is in its transition and it getting rough out there.
Old 25-09-2014, 09:28   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

Check the crew wanted. There was someone leaving tomorrow. I hope your good at judging captains and weather windows. (FYI)
Old 07-10-2014, 21:58   #4

Boat: 1999, hunter 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by punanakai View Post
Aloha! I am looking to crew on a vessel headed south (to Mexico...and beyond???) along the coast, perhaps coming down from Vancouver or the U.S. Pac NW? Am also able to leave from the Bay Area (CA, of course!), or maybe even San Diego, if need be...who wouldn't welcome a reason to be there?! Also, if you are wanting to maybe drop anchor near La Paz/Los Cabos, to help the community out there a bit, I'm totally down with it!

Me: 35+ female whose legs are meant more for the sea than for land, non-smoker (you don't have to be), scuba-diver with a want for learning to surf and kite-surf, cognizant and agile and will, admittedly, require some patience as I regain my skills on board; I've been on sailboats since being a wee lass but have been tied up amongst land-based commitments so haven't been able to sail in a bit... disaster! I have a great sense of humour- about myself and the world around me, and get along with pretty much everyone. Spanish skills are existent, and improving more and more every day.

Mahalo nui!
Good Day, my name is Jim Clark, my wife is Sonja.
We are relocating our 1999 Hunter 340 from Vancouver to Belize. I have already soloed her to Coos Bay Oregon and will be continuing the journey in a couple weeks. I plan to move along to LA or Diego at the end of the month.
Sonja isn't too well and can't join me on this voyage, except for some R&R time along the way. I need some1 along to help with the watch keeping and day to day life. The fact that you have some Spanish skills would be a definite asset (I speak French and Russian!).
I plan on leaving Oregon for Frisco an the 25th of Oct., a quick 4-5 day trip. I have to return to work in the arctic for 2 weeks before continuing.
A 5 day trip might be a good way to get aquainted and evaluate each other. The remainder of the trip could follow.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts
Cheers
Jim & Sonja

Tags
head