Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2013, 20:17   #1

Green Dreamer looking for experience and adventure

I am a 20 year old college student from Long Island who is currently going to SUNY Binghamton. I have lived on the water my whole life and spend my summers as a beachfront lifeguard. Although I have lived so close to the water my whole life I have never learned to sail or spent much time on the open water. That said I have no experience to offer and no sailing knowledge, but I am a quick learner who would love the chance to join a crew. Obviously I would need a situation where someone would be willing to show me the ropes. Just got my associates degree so I am not tied down in terms of college. Thank you for your time and I hope someone extends me am offer to the wonderful world of sailing.
Old 20-05-2013, 05:26   #2

Boat: 1990 Ericson 32-200
Send a message via Skype™ to DennisM
Re: Green Dreamer looking for experience and adventure

If a drive up to Haverstraw on the Hudson River is not too far for you, you'd be welcome for some day sailing on a weekend day. The dog and I are usually out trying to catch some wind...
Old 26-05-2013, 08:40   #3
Marine Service Provider

Re: Green Dreamer looking for experience and adventure

Crewing opportunity aboard sailing catamaran
Hi there,
My name is Kal and I saw you were looking to get some sea time in on a sailing vessel. We are doing a relocation cruise soon, so thought I'd say hello.
I run a charter catamaran between NY and Bahamas, am an affiliate IYT seaschool, but quite enjoy having aspirants aboard on our relocation cruises on a per diem basis. These relocation cruises are spring and fall , one commences next week from Norfolk VA - NY Hamptons.
There is a double cabin available if you are interested in chatting about the possibility of joining, here is my cell.
631-682-8288. Most do several of these trips with us , USA & Bahamas, becoming confident mariners organically , over time, by actually participating in a hands on way, in a variety of locations.
I have 100 ton uscg ticket, Capt.Brian is RYA.
Vessel details at Sailacat Home Page
Let us know if we help you with your nautical ambitions.
Many of our cruise & crew guests have gone on to buy and Captain their own boats and one has just completed a 5 year circumnavigation in an Alberg 30. It's not rocket science and we enjoy empowering enthusiasts in a fun relaxed atmosphere aboard.Hope to hear from you soon.
All the best,
Capt.Kal