Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2016, 18:59   #1

Boat: Bayfield 32
Great Lakes (GTA) Summer Cruising Ontario Canada

Hello Sailors!

Are you laid back? like to enjoy yourself? Enjoy a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere?

I have a (new to me) Bayfield 32 sailboat and I will be sailing on weekends, occasional evenings and even a few longer trips this spring, summer and fall.

I am looking for friendly, fun and willing to help and learn crew to come sailing! No experience required. If you have experience that is great too!

My plan is to take my boat on day sails, weekend getaways to anchorages and even a longer trip to Georgian Bay this summer.

I’ll be sailing from Port Credit and Hamilton Harbour for evening sunset cruises, weekend trips to Niagara on the Lake, Thousands Islands, Prince Edward Country, Trent Severn Canal, etc.

I'm planning a several week long passage through Georgian Bay - anchoring in places such as Massassauga Provincial Park, Perry Sound, Killbear, French River Area, Killarney, and the North Channel or Georgian Bay.

The cost to you is absolutely free.

All I ask is that your bring your food and drink (possibly a pot luck of sorts) and have a good time. If you want to chip in for gas when winds are light that is fine, but I don’t expect it.

This is not high stress racing, but laid back sailing/cruising, and possibly drinks afterwards at the anchorage or dock.

If you are interested please send me a message and you can become a crew member on my boat and join The Beach Bum Sailing Club!
Old 03-03-2016, 15:00   #2

Boat: Mirage 35
Re: Great Lakes (GTA) Summer Cruising Ontario Canada

Beach Bum: If you had posted this a month ago I would have been jumping at the chance, but my sailing summer has filled out surprisingly well, so there aren't a lot of open weeks left. June is still pretty quiet...

Still, if you'd like to exchange info and keep in touch for possibilities, that's good with me - you're naming a bunch of places I would like to visit (or go back to). I met my wife on a sailboat in Parry Sound.

PM me, or I'll PM you, or something.
Old 03-03-2016, 15:01   #3

Boat: Mirage 35

Although I should warn you up front - I don't think anyone has ever referred to me as "laid back".
Old 03-03-2016, 17:33   #4

Beach Bum: I sent you a PM. send me an e-mail.
Old 03-03-2016, 18:39   #5

Boat: Various Cruising Dinghies

Weekend trips from Hamilton to the Thousand Islands in a Bayfield 32? I think you need to run your numbers again.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:22   #6

Boat: O Day 19

Hello ,

I may be interested in sailing on your boat. I have bareboat cert. from ASA.
I am in Pennsylvania, could travel there. I've been on 30 + ft. boats about ten times ; seeking to gain more experience.

thanks, sincerely, Eric Oveson
Old 06-03-2016, 16:05   #7

Thumbs up Re: Great Lakes (GTA) Summer Cruising Ontario Canada

I'm new to the forum, would like to sail to Prince Edward Country, Trent Severn Canal if you got room, can you pick me up on your way down the lake (Port Oshawa)
I use to sail my own boat on lake Ontario years ago, like to get back into it.
Regards; Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Beach Bum View Post
Hello Sailors!

Are you laid back? like to enjoy yourself? Enjoy a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere?

I have a (new to me) Bayfield 32 sailboat and I will be sailing on weekends, occasional evenings and even a few longer trips this spring, summer and fall.

I am looking for friendly, fun and willing to help and learn crew to come sailing! No experience required. If you have experience that is great too!

My plan is to take my boat on day sails, weekend getaways to anchorages and even a longer trip to Georgian Bay this summer.

I’ll be sailing from Port Credit and Hamilton Harbour for evening sunset cruises, weekend trips to Niagara on the Lake, Thousands Islands, Prince Edward Country, Trent Severn Canal, etc.

I'm planning a several week long passage through Georgian Bay - anchoring in places such as Massassauga Provincial Park, Perry Sound, Killbear, French River Area, Killarney, and the North Channel or Georgian Bay.

The cost to you is absolutely free.

All I ask is that your bring your food and drink (possibly a pot luck of sorts) and have a good time. If you want to chip in for gas when winds are light that is fine, but I don’t expect it.

This is not high stress racing, but laid back sailing/cruising, and possibly drinks afterwards at the anchorage or dock.

If you are interested please send me a message and you can become a crew member on my boat and join The Beach Bum Sailing Club!
Old 07-03-2016, 14:42   #8

I'm new to the forum, I would like to sail to Prince Edward County, Trent Severn Canal this summer if you got room, can you pick me up on your way down the lake (Port Oshawa)
I use to sail my own boat on lake Ontario years ago, like to get back into it.
Regards; Paul
Old 08-03-2016, 06:37   #9

Boat: Bayfield 32

Hi There nuhorizon,

I'm always looking for crew.

Send me a PM and we will get in touch!
Old 08-03-2016, 08:36   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Beach Bum View Post
Hi There nuhorizon,

I'm always looking for crew.

Send me a PM and we will get in touch!
Ahoy Beach Bum...I might possibly be interested in crewing on your boat this summer during one of your excursions.
I'm from the Oshawa area, use to own and sail a 22' Abbott sail boat on lake Ontario. Been away from sailing for about 15 years now, I like to get back into it! I do own a small power boat but I like to gain some more sailing experience before possibly purchasing my own.
Regards; Paul
Old 10-03-2016, 15:20   #11

Question Re: Great Lakes (GTA) Summer Cruising Ontario Canada

Did you receive my PM?

Tags
Canada, cruising, great lakes, ontario