Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-11-2011, 14:47   #31

Boat: Beneteau FIRST 42
Re: Going to Mexico . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbillca View Post
Slight change of plans..I'm delaying my trip tell the end of March 2012.Why because I can and I want to take some time to myself.I'm going to Arizona and stay in my motor home and ride my harley.This is something that was hard to do in Washington because of weather.I would rather go down the coast in the warmer days with the sun in my face then have the rain all over me and my crew.I think this is a smart idea.But I still need thoughs who want to sail with me in March.I require that all who sails with me be on board at least two weeks before sailing so we can get to know each other.And get the boat set up for the sail.This should give you all a good time frame to plan.
good choice to wait until the end of March.. we did it in early april and still had to run a bit to keep in front of the fronts.. Hid out at Ft.Bragg for a week and let one pass.. The seas had built to 17 feet every 8 seconds.. not something I would call comfortable.. enjoy your winter in the south..
Old 29-11-2011, 15:47   #32

Boat: William Garden pilothouse ketch 60' LOA.

I've got three .But have a lot that said they want to go but you know how that is...
Old 29-11-2011, 15:49   #33

pirate Re: Going to Mexico . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyonr3 View Post
good choice to wait until the end of March.. we did it in early april and still had to run a bit to keep in front of the fronts.. Hid out at Ft.Bragg for a week and let one pass.. The seas had built to 17 feet every 8 seconds.. not something I would call comfortable.. enjoy your winter in the south..
I'm looking forward to a nice warn climate to get used to it before I go south on the boat.
Old 29-11-2011, 18:13   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle

Excellent choice. Who needs to be out in this misery, unless it's a short hop to a warm fire and a warmer toddy.

Old 29-11-2011, 18:20   #35
CF Adviser

Boat: 14 meter sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingway View Post
Excellent choice. Who needs to be out in this misery, unless it's a short hop to a warm fire and a warmer toddy.
Let me know if you need crew for the fire. And the toddy.
Old 29-11-2011, 23:15   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingreed View Post
Is this a paying position? I recently got off a botched job from hawaii. It was supposed to go to san francisco, but between the boat breaking down and the skipper being an alcoholic we turned around. I ended up basically single handing the 42 foot catalina back to where we left from. Stayed up 36 hours straight due to the captain either sleeping, puking, or trying to douse the sails and float adrift. I would like to get on more work on another boat. I can work for 100 a day. I can handle rough seas and cold water (spent the last two summers in alaska working on commercial salmon boats).

PM me if you still need someone. I am located nearby port orchard.
Pretty good story. I'll try to keep you in mind if I need someone else for a big run up or down the coast. I don't drink underway and we can swap stories about how terrible some owners, captains, and crew are.
Old 30-11-2011, 07:44   #37

No it is just a nice sail with the chance of the crew staying aboard if they want to and do some charters with me.
Old 17-01-2012, 15:32   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sif View Post
Hi!
This sounds so so amazing, and I am more than interested! I'm a 24-y/o Danish girl, who's currently living in Colombia due to my studies. I have some sail experience from a trip on a 38 foot Colin Archer from Thailand to Egypt to years ago, which also taught me how to deal with rough seas - The Red Sea is a sneaky one! Do not hesitate to contact me for further info.
All the best, Sif
Are you still interested in sailing to Mexico with us get back to me leaving end of Feb.2012.Have film crew aboard to doc. the trip.
Old 20-01-2012, 17:27   #39

If you're still looking for crew, I'm 18, male, chilling in Alberta, and ready to go. I've only sailed a little, but I'm looking for more experience, because I love it. I'll pay for what I have to, and would love to join your crew!
thanks, Miroslav.
Old 20-01-2012, 17:31   #40

And I just saw some photos of REALITY, damn she's a beaut! I sailed from Hawaii to Victoria on my uncle's 50 foot schooner, from the little I've experienced I love wooden boats.
Old 23-01-2012, 09:48   #41

Boat: N/A

Hello, if you are still looking for a crew, I am certainly interested. I will have my STCW entry level test out of the way by then, and all I want to do is learn the in's and out's of sailing and the sailing community. So you are leaving Washington state at the end of February? How long do you expect the sail to be? How long do you want the crew for?

I am a 22 year old female from coastal South Carolina, been living, studying, writing and farming in Vermont and I eventually want to purchase a liveaboard sailboat as soon as I have some money saved up. I won't expect to be paid on this trip and I can contribute to food costs. I just want the experience. I'm also a good cook.

Please contact me if you still need someone, and I can arrange to be out there to meet you by the time you take off.

Sincerely,
Annie
Old 23-01-2012, 09:51   #42

Boat: N/A

Oh I just read that you are leaving in March. That is fine, too.
Old 23-01-2012, 11:04   #43

I would love for you to come aboard that would make my crew very well rounded.I'm leaving end of February...Call me 360-440-9309...And bring your banjo...I play the harp...Blues that is.
Old 18-05-2012, 17:27   #44

Hi, names Katie does your offer still stand
Old 19-05-2012, 07:02   #45
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

wildbillca--when ye coming south?? watch yer weather and be safe---hoping to meet ye here some how and some day....

Tags
Mexico, mexico