Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-03-2012, 12:08   #1

pirate German sailor wants to leave B.C. in 2012

Hello everyone,

I am looking forward to leave the B.C. Coast (Canada) by boat anytime this year. Destination and departure time are almost irrelevant to me, except I do not want to go to the USA.
I am a German citizen (m, 29) with over 5 years experience of sailing the coasts of Germany, Denmark and the Netherlands. Last Summer I went up with my Niagara 30 to Queen Charlotte Sounds and then circumnavigated Vancouver Island. It was a gorgeous trip and my boat handled the sea very well, though unfortunately it is not designed for blue water crossings. So I am going to sell it and hopefully find someone with a sailboat to join them on a journey. Or maybe even someone who wants to buy an offshore boat with me and then leave? Its a buyers market out there right now, many good boats for good prices.

Anyhow, like I said before, I do have quite extensive sailing experience, though this would be my first time offshore. Furthermore I am sociable and cook very well on boats, at least other people say so
Exploring new worlds is my biggest passion in life and thats what keeps me going. I speak German, Russian and understand a little bit Spanish, South America would be the perfect destination for me

So please give me a message, if you see any prospect of you and me sailing down to warmer quarters of the pacific.

Thank You.

Val
Old 13-03-2012, 13:06   #2

Re: German sailor wants to leave B.C. in 2012

Ehi there..I'm Andrea (Italian) and i've been in BC only for 2 weeks. i'm looking for a job here and i would like to be a deckhand and learn about sailing and how to do it. After this working experience here in Vancouver i want to go in south america, and would be great to do it on a sailboat. I'm a traveller and i leave europe and italy to see all the other culture around the world.
So, if you need help, if you are leaving in september/october, or also if you want to meet me and teach me something about sail and see, i'll be glad to meet you.

let me know..
Andrea
Old 15-03-2012, 05:21   #3

Boat: William Garden design 63'
Re: German sailor wants to leave B.C. in 2012

Are you interested in a circumnavigation late April-may 2012 from long beach, California? Call me 440-525-1074