Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-05-2013, 12:15   #1

From long beach ca to Hawaii Honolulu

I'm seeking a crew and skipper to help deliver this sailboat from long beach ca to Hawaii. I recently bought this sailboat and had been survey. The sailboat will be ready this July, current its getting remodel and upgrades. I'm from Honolulu Hawaii and like to take her home.

Info about myself I'm a Hawaiian native 32 years old married with 2 kids. Sailing experiences is very limited.

My offer is All provision will be provide, and return ticket back to the states.
I'm seeking 2-3 deckhands and 1 captain. I must have a captain. I'm looking for easy going people that can teach me things about sailing. I have spent over $100 thousand getting this sailboat blue water ready.

Info about my sailboat:

1984 48' ocean going ketch (sailboat) Bruce Roberts

120 gallons of water and 200 gallons of diesel. It has a Perkins 1200 amps hours battery bank. Solar panels and 2 wind turbines, new Riggs lines mass and paint top and bottom I have VHF radio, weatherfax, satelite phone, tv, internet and I have GPS systems navigation. I have a 40 GPH watermaker from ro cruiser and freezer, Garmin Ghp 20 autopilot, has RADAR. The boat has a 8 men life raft, systems are mainly brand new.
Old 17-05-2013, 09:28   #2

Re: From long beach ca to Hawaii Honolulu

Hello there,

I am a Licensed Captain and have done two transpac deliveries 2011 and 2012, I cannot work for free but at a reduced rate and have access to "expenses only" crew, food and transportation. Where is your boat located? If in so. can I can at least drop by and talk story w you re sailing to Hawaii.
Aloha,
USCG Master Captain Mark Abel
Old 17-05-2013, 15:26   #3

Hi I am Japanese keel boat sailor

I was crew member of Transpac 2013.

But I can not join team due to some trouble.

About 1000mile racing and boat deliver done last month.

I am no sea sick and hard for heavy weather sailing.

I was crew member of racing keel boat sailing with Australian pro team.

But now not so young

So so

I am doing marine business, I can help you if you can prepare air ticket Japan to Los Angels

Satoshi
Old 17-05-2013, 18:00   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtwhisperer1 View Post
Hello there,

I am a Licensed Captain and have done two transpac deliveries 2011 and 2012, I cannot work for free but at a reduced rate and have access to "expenses only" crew, food and transportation. Where is your boat located? If in so. can I can at least drop by and talk story w you re sailing to Hawaii.
Aloha,
USCG Master Captain Mark Abel
Pm ur fees
Old 18-05-2013, 08:53   #5

Hello

I have been looking for this opportunity!!

I am a 45 year old professional with plans to take my family sailing on a similar route. I grew up racing dinghy's and have been learning how to cruise on my 25'Catalina for the past 6 years. I am now shopping for the boat of my dreams that will be our home for many years leaving in 2015. I am looking for bluewater experience to help with this trip planning.

I would be a willing crew member and have a lot of wilderness/adventure experience to bolster my sailing skills. I would be thrilled to join your team to deliver your boat.

I have a very flexible job and can get this time off. Please email me if you are interested in learning more. EMAIL: gjwalkersmith (at) yahoo (dot) com

cheers

Walker
Old 18-05-2013, 12:44   #6

Hello, my name is Zack

I am 21 years old looking to gain experience on a sail boat. I have worked on fishing vessels before and would rather turn to sailing. I have sailed for two weeks before with a marine research team and loved it which is why I would be happy to help you deliver your boat. when are you planning to depart?

A little about me; I am a person that is dependable and trustworthy. I am qualified as a chef in Italian, Asian, and Hispanic cuisine and a writer and if any of those talents can be used on a vessel then feel free to ask. I am a wilderness expert in the redwoods and a volunteer at the moment at the Napa wilderness animal sanctuary and I like to enjoy my days fishing, reading, hiking, and cooking. If my profile fits to what your looking for or if you like a few references from current and past jobs then email me at:

chef_who@ymail.com

Thankyou- zack
Old 20-05-2013, 17:08   #7

Hi

My name is Lotte. I'm a 26 year old woman from the Netherlands living in the US now. Though I don't have much experience I'm very interested sailing to Hawaii. I learn fast and know that I get over my seasickness after about 1 day as was my experience being on sailboats a few years ago.
I'd be really excited to hear from you and I can provide more information.

Lotte
Old 21-05-2013, 10:42   #8

I would be very interested in a deckhand spot. I am 47 years young, but years ago, I crewed on a 58' catamaran in Maui. I was a dive instructor/deckhand/mate/swab for 3 years out of Lahaina. My pidgin is rusty, but I could manage.

No need for return airfare. I have flight privileges on UA (companion pass from a family member that works there).

I am currently living in beautiful Colorado, but could easily manage logistics.

Steve
Old 21-05-2013, 17:22   #9

By the way. As my ad stated I'm looking for a skipper as well. I'm not trying to pay the usual fees. I'm looking for a captain that wants more experience and to add more hours under their belt. I'm willing to pay airline ticket back to states and all provision while at sea.

So please don't pm me with your fees. I'm not interested, if I really need a skipper I can always take my brother in brother in law, he is a license 100 ton captain. I just don't want to owe him favors or hang out with him weeks at sea. Worst comes to worst my brother in law will skipper the sailboat with out me to Hawaii.
Old 22-05-2013, 20:11   #10

This is zack replying back
My email is chef_who@ymail.com

I would of course like to get to know more about you, your boat, and the expedition you would be taking, especially when you are planning to depart. I am living in Napa Ca and would have no problem getting to Long beach.
Old 22-05-2013, 21:54   #11

Looks like I'm departing late August or early September.... Sailboat is a working progress. It's like everyday I find something else that needs attention.... Endless money pit, first hand experience.
Old 23-05-2013, 10:11   #12

This is Zack replying back and I have no problem helping you out. You have my email address, let me know a bit more about your plans for the trip and pictures of the boat if you wouldn't mind. The departure date is perfect timing for me. I would be happy if we could speak over Skype though, that way we can see and ask each-other questions so I could better understand your expectations for the voyage.

I look forward to your email- Zack
Old 24-05-2013, 18:12   #13

Howdy Mai-tide. My girlfriend and I are very interested in crewing with you. We don't need the ticket back however as we plan on continuing crewing our way across the pacific.

I am a commercial diver and have been working on boats for 5 years in various diving industries. I have my ISPA competent sailing crew ticket and have experience coastal sailing off Vancouver Island and Haida Gwaii in everything from a 15ft skiff to a 50ft ketch and various boats in-between. I also have experience as a professional boat detailer and wood-finisher.

My girlfriend does not have sailing experience but she is eager to learn, an excellent cook, housekeeper and plays a mean ukelele.

Hope this works out for the both of us. You can reach me at nkopjar(at)gmail(dot)com.
Old 27-05-2013, 23:17   #14

Mai-tide

I am still interested despite the delayed departure. Email if you need another capable hand (see above post) gjwalkersmith (at) yahoo (dot) com
Old 28-05-2013, 22:26   #15

Saw your add for crew and I'm interested in being a deckhand, your offer sounds great. I've been sailing on inland waters and I'm looking to get some off shore experience. I'm super dependable, not afraid to work hard, follow directions well and can fix about anything.

It would be great to part of this trip. Let me know if your interested or want more details.

Thanks

Jim

Tags
hawaii, paracelle