Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-06-2010, 11:32   #1

Boat: Tanzer-28, Nanna May
From Eastern Lake Ontario to Nova Scotia

I am sailing a 28 foot sailboat from the great lakes to Halifax NS . I am looking for some help, to sail the St. Laurence seaway, and Gulf area.. exsperince is nice , but a thrill of adventure is more fitting.. this will be as pleasure cruse and always on the safe side.. please let me know if this is something you might be interested in..
this is a chance of a life time for any one interested in seeing and doing what most don't..
you must have your own cold weather, and rain gear, this is an open cockpit sailboat.. I do have sunblock on board...
Old 01-07-2010, 00:22   #2

When are you planning on going? I was thinking of doing it one day myself and the experience would be an asset. I'm from Halifax originally and have a 26' Contessa in Whitby. I have my own gear, 10 years experience and am used to this size boat and an open cockpit.
Old 22-08-2010, 20:26   #3

Boat: Mirage, 24 footer, Eclipser
Send a message via Yahoo to Primmer
Hey Jerome, I was doing my nightly jog and I saw your boat parked out front in the Owen Sound harbour!. It's raining out right now...I own the big Victorian home next to that big Shoppers Drug Mart on the harbour about 300 feet away from where you're moored...( my 24 foot Mirage is ourt front!)
Wanna come in and get dry and sleep in a warm bed...have 3 empty rooms... and we could talk about possibly joining you up thew St Lawrence if you still need a crew member.
My home phone is 519-372-0500 or blackberry 416-559-2007...
Come in and get dry and warm a stay for a meal or two tomorrow (Monday) if you like!
Phil Primmer
Old 24-08-2010, 06:35   #4

Interested...

Like bcurtis, I would like to know when you plan to sail. While I don't have cruising experience, I race as crew on a Viking 28 out of Oakville and would love the opportunity.
Old 24-08-2010, 07:28   #5

Boat: Tanzer-28, Nanna May
Thanks for the reply.. I am in Owen Sound today and tomorrow I will head to Midland to step my mast for the Trent-Severn Waterway... the passage should take about two weeks... From there I will be heading to the St. Lawrence Seaway. I will have to call it quits in Quebec City for the winter due to the sept. oct. gales that blow in the gulf...
I plan on resuming my trip in the late spring, at this point I am not shore when the departure date will be....
I will keep you informed of the progress as I move along on my face book page.. jerome dixon the pic is of the boat, and it is on the third page or so on the search...
I'm always open for company along the way so please drop me a line there, and lets chat.... Jerome

Tags
lake ontario, nova scotia