Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-04-2012, 11:24   #1

French Polynesia to Australia (May/June/July onwards)

My girlfriend, Yaz (24), and I (25) are available from late May/June/July to crew from Tahiti (or nearby) to Australia (or part way) with anyone that's interested and in need of crew.

We are currently crewing with a Swiss couple on a 52' Amel ketch from Panama to French Polynesia. We leave the Galapagos at around the end of April to make the 3/4 week journey to Marquesas and then from there we'll be cruising much of French Polynesia until somewhere near Tahiti when family will be replacing us for the rest of their trip across the Pacific.

Our experience...

We helped deliver a Catalina 42' from Los Angles to Puerto Vallarta as 2 of 4 crew and are currently crewing as 2 of 4 crew on a 52' Amel ketch. We've also circumnavigated Antigua on a Beneteau 40.7 as 2 of 6 crew.

To date we have about 2,700 miles and about 200 night hours logged and once we reach French Polynesia this should have roughly doubled. We're experienced at cleaning (inside & out), cooking (inc. planning meals & cooking on rolling seas) and provisioning as well as being hard working and willing to try our hands at anything.

We're qualified to RYA Competent Crew level and very keen to progress our skills and learn from more experienced sailers as one day we hope to get our own boat and potentially get into the industry too.

About us...

We're both friendly, easy going, trust worthy and reliable. Our interests range from photography, art & street art to scuba diving, surfing, wakeboarding, snowboarding and skateboarding - not to mention sailing and travelling too.

Before this adventure, I studied Advertising at university and worked in Social Media whilst Yaz studied Journalism and then worked in PR and Events - both in London, England. I speak conversational French and Spanish and we're both British citizens.

Let us know if you or anyone you know is looking for crew from French Polynesia onwards!

Thanks,

Tom & Yaz

Tags
Australia, French Polynesia