Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-08-2015, 06:13   #1

Free cook for Atlantic crossing

Hi, I' m Mattia, a 25 years old boy from Liguria, Italy.

I would like to embark on an Atlantic crossing and be part of a 'new crew.
I am available from October onwards, both from a port in the Mediterranean, or directly from the Canaries. I don’t have yet any projects for when I will arrive, except exploring and traveling.

I gradueted in Yacht Design in Genova and always had the passion for the sea, After my studies I have devoted myself to the restoration of a 'wooden boat (Barunita 1952), now I' m working as a cook for pay my adventures!

I wish make Yacht Design my own future, and I'd like to be able to live a long experience on board and to understand in depth crew life!
I‘d like to combine my passion for sea life with my cooking ability, for this reason I’m available to bring my experience on board preparing meals for the crew.

Concerning my nautical experience I’ve often sailed for short trips on small motor boats and “gozzo”, and on my father’s fisherman too, getting confident in using navigational end steering equipment (echo sounder, radar, VHF radio, compass, rudder, anchor, knots).
One of the reason i’ m interested in having this experience is to learn more how to handle sails and rigging, because i have never had the opportunity to practice it.
I’m prepared to share my technical and practical skills in order to learn new ones and I would like to bring my recipes on board and cook all trip long!

Furthermore I really believe in 'self-production' and in the 'self-repair' of objects and things, using my manual labour skills trying to fix or re-use something.
As i mentioned before, i have good knowledge in woodworking, thanks to my studies and the last year Barunita refit project in which I have worked for about 8 months. In this project I took part on the hull restoration in some parts really damaged, rebuilding many main structures, restoring the rigging and some parts of the propulsion system.
I have also bases knowledges in welding and in electronics.
I speak English but I would like to improve my level, and maybe learn Spanish or other languages.

I' m a sociable and open minded fellow and i really want to meet new people and make new adventures.I Have a big music collection, I'd love to share it!
I would like to take a bit of time for a long trip, take the time to design, study and read what I like best, and live a 'unique experience with new people.

Buon vento!

Tags
atlantic crossing