Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-08-2010, 09:10   #1
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
France to Canaries to Caribbean Sep to Dec 2010

Hi Folks,

I am looking for one person who would like an in-depth experience of sailing and cruising to come with Sea Life for our voyages September to December 2010.

My Fiancé is leaving for Australia and will not be on board for this cruise.

Leaving France very early in September and arriving St Martin in the Caribbean well before Christmas its about 4,500 nms of real cruising. We are not going with the ARC but at a similar time, either before or after.

I am looking for someone who already can sail well and will relish being able to be given command of the boat during watches.
The person will have an interest in learning or honing navigation (electronically).

Perhaps the person I am looking for is almost ready to purchase their own boat and is looking to gain experience and to find out the reality of cruising life. Perhaps someone who wants 4,500 quality miles logged as watchkeeper.

The person will be an absolute non-smoker. The person will not be a vegetarian or an a restricted diet.

No maintenance duties, however household duties by rotation. (Keelhauled if they can’t cook!)

The boat:
Sea Life is a Beneteau 393 that has done 27,000 nms around the world in 2 ½ years and is sailed conservatively, safely but at its best.

It has 2 heads, a large clean galley, good refrigeration but no freezer.
Cabins are large and the cabin offered has 3 opening hatches. It is a double bed but a portion is sectioned off for dry stores.

Commitment:
Obviously I am not an axe murderer, but things in interpersonal relationships can go wrong so you are free to leave at any port.
You must have proof of funds to enable your entry to any country where they may need proof of ability to leave.

Financial commitment would be to contribute to food, pay own way in shore excursions and alcohol. Plus there will be a small contribution to the overall maintenance budget of the boat. Fuel costs would be my responsibility.

Someone who is only available for one or a number of legs is also welcome to have a chat to me.

To find a little more about our boat please see our website www.OurLifeAtSea.com also PLEASE read some of my posts on this forum. They may help you to gauge what type of person I am and would get on with.

Please email or PM and we can have a chat.

Mark

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
Old 19-08-2010, 21:03   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Wow - If only I could quit my job!

What is the general routing and target dates? That may be helpful...
Old 19-08-2010, 22:45   #3
Long Range Cruiser

Hi Dan,

Its still pretty flexible because of weather.
I want to leave from the Cote D'Azur in the first few days of September, I want to be in the Canaries well before any autumn storms and want to have trade winds before leaving for the Carib, and want to be in St Martin 2 weeks before Christmas.

As for routing the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line OK, a tad curved, but a straight great circle route
Mark

Old 20-08-2010, 01:40   #4

I've send you a PM.

Thanks,
W
Old 20-08-2010, 10:33   #5

Boat: Purchasing a 40-44' Cat
Hi Mark.. don't know if you remember me but I am looking to buy a Catamaran here in the near future. I just happen to be in Germany visiting my Mom and was thinking of bumming around Croatia. There I was looking to get anytime behind some sails until I saw this. I know your not an ax murderer, yet I know you are one hell of a sailor and I would really like an oppertunity to gain experiance through you. A cross Atlantic passage would be a great experiance since I plan on doing that a few times in my life. I have completed my ASA 101, 103, 104 and 114. I am also looking to take my course for Commercial Yachtsmaster at UKSA... however they are booked till January I am a really good cook too if that helps. So let me know. Cheers!
Old 21-08-2010, 04:57   #6
Long Range Cruiser

Sorry, too much cheese, red wine and sightseeing. I will attend to PM's etc

Tags
Canaries, Caribbean, France