Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 18:18   #1

Boat: Farr 44 Ocean Racer - Pit crew & backup helm.
FP Eleuthera 60-Pacific Crossing Galapagos Is to Vanuatu

A crew position has become available for a fourth crewmember on board "Rendezvous" which is a very well equipped Fountaine Pajot Eleuthera 60 catamaran for a Pacific crossing. The boat is currently at San Cristabal Is in the Galapagos Islands having already travelled from St Martin in the Caribbean (take a look at bluewatersailingdata dot com) and we are intending to leave for the leg to the Marquesas on the weekend of the 6th & 7th of April.

You should have some sailing experience including overnight coastal or ocean experience and not be affected by sea sickness or are able to control it.

If you are interested and could commit to such a journey or at least the Marquesas leg at relatively short notice please contact me. Further information is available of course but at this stage we would like to know about you and what you could bring to our crew.

Thanks for reading.

Steve
Old 03-04-2013, 03:13   #2

Re: FP Eleuthera 60-Pacific Crossing Galapagos Is to Vanuatu

hi my name is captain Gabriel Cordero currently on miami fl have many years of
experience doing deliveries!! also am a rigger!! have experience with engines and very good cook! available to travel!! US passport speak English Spanish some French and italian! its being my dream for many years cross to Europe and sail the mediterranean sea and I now I can bring lots good things to your crew ! thanks
Old 03-04-2013, 10:23   #3

Hello Steve.

A little about me: My name is Adam. I am 24 years old, fit, healthy, non-smoker, no drugs, laid back, love sailing, trying to explore the world and experience as much as possible. Your post doesn't explain what all your plans are but I have plenty of funds to get me all the way across the pacific including the bond needed in French Poly. I also have already acquired a "Working class Holiday Visa" for Australia

Boat Experience: I sailed last year for 4 months in the Carribbean. I logged almost 2000nm and did a few 3-4 day passages. I worked all last summer in Alaska aboard a Salmon Seining vessel. For the past 6 months I was in San Francisco saving for Australia and working at a sailing charter company doing repairs on their fleet. All told the almost all of the past year and a half has been spent sailing, or working on and around boats.

Current Situation: In early December I scoured the sailing forums looking for crew positions to Australia. I found a boat leaving Ensenada mid April and agreed to come down mid March to help get the boat ready to sail. I was there for a week working on the boat and I realized that neither the boat or the owners are what I would consider "seaworthy" Nice enough fellows, but I don't trust them or their boat to get me across the pacific safely, so I am looking for another boat to crew on. I am in San Diego right now and could literally be on the next flight out

If I sound like a candidate for crew on your boat I would love you to call me at 515-306-4632 or send me an E-mail at 820miller@gmail.com. And if not a simple "No thank you" would be nice so I can continue looking.

Thanks,

Adam
Old 03-04-2013, 12:22   #4

Hey Steve.

Tried to reply to your post a few hours ago but it doesn't appear as if it went through, so here it is again.

A little about me: My name is Adam. I am 24 years old, fit, healthy, non-smoker, no drugs, laid back, love sailing, trying to explore the world and experience as much as possible. Your post doesn't specify what all your plans are but I have plenty of funds to get me to Australia including the bond needed in French Poly. I also have already acquired a "Working class Holiday Visa" for Australia.

Boat Experience: I sailed last year for 4 months in the Caribbean. I logged almost 2000nm and did a few 3-4 day passages. I worked all last summer in Alaska aboard a Salmon Seining vessel. For the past 6 months I was in San Francisco saving for Australia and working at a sailing charter company doing repairs on their fleet. All told the almost all of the past year and a half has been spent sailing, or working on and around boats.

Current Situation: In early December I scoured the sailing forums looking for crew positions to Australia. I found a boat leaving Ensenada mid April and agreed to come down mid March to help get the boat ready to sail. I was there for a week working on the boat and I realized that neither the boat or the owners are what I would consider "seaworthy" Nice enough fellows, but I don't trust them or their boat to get me across the pacific safely, so I am looking for another boat to crew on. I am currently in San Diego and am able to literally hop on the next flight to the Galapagos.

If I sound like a candidate for crew on your boat I would love you to call me at 515-306-4632 or send me an E-mail at 820miller@gmail.com. And if not a simple "No thank you" would be nice so I can continue looking

Thanks,

Adam
Old 03-04-2013, 12:36   #5

I will also add that we strictly enforce a total NO DRUGS policy and this includes onshore and also onboard usage. So, if you indulge in ANY drugs apart from prescription medications then keep looking as we are definitely not the boat for you. There is also a no alcohol policy while at sea during passage making so you need to be able to go for many days on end alcohol free. Once we make port then alcohol consumption is fine as long as you know your limitations and do not go ashore and make a total ass of yourself.

This is not a paid position but is a great opportunity to be part of a crew on a beautiful large production catamaran that regularly does 200 mile days. You will be responsible for your own flight & associated travel expenses to get to the boat here in the Galapagos. Once onboard all of your food & boat running expenses & any port fees will be covered by the boat. Once in port you will be responsible for your own food or alcohol purchases while onshore.

Also just realised that my PM box was full - please try again if you had any issues replying.

All the best,

Steve
Old 04-04-2013, 10:36   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingabriel View Post
hi my name is captain Gabriel Cordero currently on miami fl have many years of
experience doing deliveries!! also am a rigger!! have experience with engines and very good cook! available to travel!! US passport speak English Spanish some French and italian! its being my dream for many years cross to Europe and sail the mediterranean sea and I now I can bring lots good things to your crew ! thanks
Captain Gabriel - thank you for your reply to my crew ad. We are crossing the Pacific Ocean to the Pacific Island of Vanuatu. I'm sure that you will find a boat soon to enable you to fulfill your dream of sailing to Europe and the Med. All the very best of luck,

Regards,
Steve
Old 04-04-2013, 10:38   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 820miller View Post
Hey Steve.

Tried to reply to your post a few hours ago but it doesn't appear as if it went through, so here it is again.

A little about me: My name is Adam. I am 24 years old, fit, healthy, non-smoker, no drugs, laid back, love sailing, trying to explore the world and experience as much as possible. Your post doesn't specify what all your plans are but I have plenty of funds to get me to Australia including the bond needed in French Poly. I also have already acquired a "Working class Holiday Visa" for Australia.

Boat Experience: I sailed last year for 4 months in the Caribbean. I logged almost 2000nm and did a few 3-4 day passages. I worked all last summer in Alaska aboard a Salmon Seining vessel. For the past 6 months I was in San Francisco saving for Australia and working at a sailing charter company doing repairs on their fleet. All told the almost all of the past year and a half has been spent sailing, or working on and around boats.

Current Situation: In early December I scoured the sailing forums looking for crew positions to Australia. I found a boat leaving Ensenada mid April and agreed to come down mid March to help get the boat ready to sail. I was there for a week working on the boat and I realized that neither the boat or the owners are what I would consider "seaworthy" Nice enough fellows, but I don't trust them or their boat to get me across the pacific safely, so I am looking for another boat to crew on. I am currently in San Diego and am able to literally hop on the next flight to the Galapagos.

If I sound like a candidate for crew on your boat I would love you to call me at 515-306-4632 or send me an E-mail at 820miller@gmail.com. And if not a simple "No thank you" would be nice so I can continue looking

Thanks,

Adam
Hey Adam,

Thanks for your reply. Our skipper Errol will give you a call in the near future to discuss things in a bit more detail.

All the best,
Regards,

Steve

Tags
Galapagos, Vanuatu