This may be a lucky day for both of us. I hold a USCG 100T license
sail and power. I have been sailing big boats since the early 70s throughout the east coast
, and Caribean. I have a lot of experience to pass on to someone eager to learn.
I am presently on trhe Gaspe Peninsula of Quebec
having gotten here from Annapolis
via the Hudson
River, the New York
, the St. Lawrence Seaway and river. I have visited Montreal and Quebec
City, etc. My plan is to head
next to Newfoundland's west and south coasts and then the Bras d'Or Lakes of Nova Scotia
, the coast of Nova Scotia
, and then finally make my way back to Annapolis
either coastwise through Maine
or with a couple of offshore
jumps, depending on weather
That was my plan. But my crew member
(recruited through this forum in April) had to head
back to Texas
due to a business emergency
and to collect some debts (I beleive this to be true). Undfortunately he has been incommunicado since he got to Texas
. I have given him every opportunity to be responsive but given his personality he may have gone too far in his dept collections and be unable to respond (former Army; not Marine).
Regardless, I cannot keep sitting here as the seasonal window for Newfoundland
is only so wide. I am at the appropriate jumping off point for the next leg in terms of location and time. Would you like to come along?
Oh, did I mention that my boat is a 61 foot Hatteras cockpit motor
yacht in very nice condition and comfort.
This is not a paid position (both insurance
and US Customs
issues make that inadvisable) but I will pay all boat and food
expenses and your travel costs both ways. I would like to stay out until about the 15th of October but I am felxible. If you cannot make the entire trip that might work
as it would buy me time to find another person for other legs.
Please give me a call at 202-359-0781 or email
me at email@example.com
to discuss this further.