Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 14:44   #1

Florida to Caribbean

Feeling out bringing someone else on board. After a 4 month refit on a spacious and comfortable Coronado tricabin 35 the yanmar diesel popped after 5 days out.Currently being rebuilt north of Ft meyers. Interested in possibly picking someone up who is DRUG Free,easy going and easy to get along with. I am a business owner as well as the other guy on board. Accommodations are the 2nd settee berth in the middle living cabin . Pay for all your own food and drink .be very clean ,common sense smart and be able to steer a halfway straight course. A fishermen is a plus because I would like to learn. Destination Caribbean with no time line . So if your easy going can get along with everyone,don't mind hitting the bars for sundowners and hanging with the locals I'm interested in talking to you . I don't sail hard either.Quite comfortable with 50-60 miles a day. Figure 10$ contribution to my beer fund adequate.
Old 03-01-2011, 19:25   #2

Hello,

I am extremely interested in your trip. I am a recent grad student but I have done some extensive traveling through the bahamas and carribean.I have grown up on the water living in Florida. I love fishing, diving, spearfishing, surfing, sailing just about anything to do with the water. I've been sailing for about 5years and have helped refit 3sailboats so im pretty good with maintenance and repairs. Fishing, sundowners and hanging with the locals sounds amazing to me. When do you plan to leave? Please feel free to ask me anything you like.

Kevin Smith
Old 03-01-2011, 19:33   #3

chad,
When do you depart? Although I have never sailed bluewater, I have worked on the hard with Capt. Marty Fleming restoring his 46' steel hull SPRAY replica. I have been strongly interested in sailing since a visit to Providenciales 2 yrs ago. Intelligent, physically fit with a background career as professional land surveyor hence very familiar with navigation, charts, GPS, etc. Marty has asked me to crew aboard the S.V. Together once he completes the renovations next year. Sold the survey biz of 18 yrs, have been working in Film acting for 3 yrs and have an excellent job offer in Marigot, ST. Martins which I am packing and arranging shipment of personal items through Tropical Shipping Miami. and yes, a pretty darn good fisherman, excellent cook, extremely handy with repairs & work well in crisis situations (hopefully that won't occur but prepared nonetheless. I was hoping to catch a ride from FL to St. Martins within the next week or 2. No hurries. The job is mine upon arrival working as sales & marketing consultant for new company began by 10 yr, Australian resident - imports & distributes bio-degradable single use containers to replace the petro-plastics with PLAs, Bagasse, Corn starch packing products. Very exciting new career opp that has flexibility for me to continue my film acting pursuits. Destination Anguilla or St. Martin as close as you plan to to voyage. Too much to explain here on message but feel free to call me. Moved to Atlanta from N.C. past May for acting opportunities but ready to venture on to settle in Caribbean as my contacts in film now will provide plenty of that now.
Don 770-480-5294 or 770-924-8770.
Old 04-01-2011, 13:54   #4

Boat: Allied Seawind 30
Chad,

My CV can be found here: http://data.crewfinders.com/photos/r...5/KEDDY_CV.pdf

I just got to Florida after sailing down the east coast of the US. I am currently in Bradenton, FL taking some courses towards my captains license, which I should have by the end of January. I have some limited Caribbean experience, although much blue water along the east coast. I owned a 34' Columbia for a year and did some charters on her up in the New England area, as well as worked on larger sailing yachts. Since I sold her, I am looking for more sea time, specifically in the Caribbean, this winter. Also, if you need a hand with any repairs, I am available for that as well, my CV lists my experience with that (free of charge, given a spot on your boat). Please call me at (941) 735-4009 if you would like to discuss any details or possibly meet up, your schedule and destination sound in line with what I would like to do this season.

Scott Keddy
Old 04-01-2011, 19:03   #5

Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadlaroche View Post
Quite comfortable with 50-60 miles a day.
2kts? That's not comfortable - that's forgetting to let go one of the dock lines!

Mark

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
Old 05-01-2011, 19:41   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemj View Post
2kts? That's not comfortable - that's forgetting to let go one of the dock lines!

Mark
ouch! I get seasick easily, gotta keep it slow and steady lol. dont wanna spill my drink
Old 06-01-2011, 03:48   #7
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold
50-60 nm per day might be a pretty good estimate, given that a good part of the passage is against the prevailing winds, current and waves. We've had 25-30 kt easterlies here for the last week. Just now calming down a bit to the more normal 15-20 kt range.
Old 06-01-2011, 15:48   #8
Marine Service Provider

Send a message via Skype™ to SS Little-Devil
I also might be up for this provided I can leave end of January. After that I have no time limits. I'm fit, healthy and a young at heart 42 YO male who is financially secure and meets all of your requirements including being a very skilled fisherman with a ton of my own gear. I don't smoke cigarettes or do drugs and drink socially. I do have a cigar once in a while but only on special occassions. I was a boatswain in the CDN Navy 20 years ago but need to brush up on my sailing skills and get my sea legs back in anticipation of buying my own boat. I'm also a fantastic cook, photographer, writer, director and cinematographer. I'd be grateful for the opportunity to learn from you and sundowners sounds fantastic. PM me if interested.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:37   #9

Hi there,

I’m Marcel, 45, french sailor ready to cross the Atlantic (by plane) for a sailing trip around end of January.
I’m a sailing cruise teacher as a volunteer in a sailing school in France (leisure time), and I am quality manager when not on a sailing boat (most of the time).
Blue water, mediteranean, caribean, atlantic and english channel experience, also for deliveries. 12 yrs experience.
I’m able to manage boat and navigation alone, obviously to keep active watch.

I’m seeking a 10-15 day trip on an english spoken boat, in a funny area.
I understand travel costs for me, all other shared.
Write to voile-aventure at hotmaildotfr

Regards,
Marcel.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:08   #10

Email me laubmayer@yahoo.com
Old 27-01-2011, 11:41   #11

Hi,, My name is Simon. I'm a 26 year old swede currently traveling in Mexico and heading towards Cuba in two weeks. I would love to come join your crew. I have only basic sailing skills and i'm not too familiar with the english terminology of sailing. I am however born and raised by the sea and have been on boats my whole life. I have a basic certification in navigation and I am very eager to learn the whole art of sailing. I am a happy outgoing person who loves quick-witted conversations.

Whereabouts are you now and what are your plans?

I am ready to join you 15 februari or any time later. I can be away sailing for a month if i may.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:23   #12

spot still open

This spot is still open,finishing up new engine install now .departing Ft Myers Fl to Fl Keys upcoming week
Old 05-02-2011, 16:57   #13
cruiser

Hello, I am in the market to buy a sailboat and would love to get a little experience prior to getting one, to figure out what i want and like and dont like kinda thing???

I will be in Florida around March 1, as i am driving from So Cal on Feb 22... I can meet up anywhere.

I am a little handy (on land based issues)...I am a good cook... I would be glad to join you with the locals and all that, but I dont really drink but, can be a designated driver... hehehehe
Old 05-02-2011, 17:46   #14

I hope to be well out of Fl by that time. but who knows
Old 05-02-2011, 17:48   #15
cruiser

well , let me know, and i can bee line it as best as i can...

Tags
Caribbean, florida