Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2014, 15:02   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to cj.sternagel
Fit, Helpful, Adventuress, Ready to Help

I am 27 yrs old male, recently licensed master50/oupv with a sailing endorsement. 8 years in the USCG reserves as a boatswain mate 3rd class. Divemaster certified with full equipment kit. I have sailing experience from gunkholing in the Salish Sea to ocean crossings from Hawaii to the Marshall Islands. I would prefer an experience with some kind of monetary incentive. I've worked for free and paid my way many times, I can't afford to do it anymore. Plus I believe I have a lot to offer. But you never know the type of experience may intrigue me enough. I am based in the NW would love some local or West Coast work. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. I want to put this Captain class knowledge to work asap. I also do adventure film. My website is www.suntimefilms.com you can check it out to learn a bit more about me.

-Colin
Old 08-05-2014, 15:33   #2

Boat: Seawind 1000xl
Re: Fit, Helpful, Adventuress, Ready to Help

Not sure if English is your first language or not but here are some links to the English definition of adventuress

https://www.google.com/search?q=dict...x-a&channel=sb
Old 08-05-2014, 15:42   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to cj.sternagel

Can't find a way to edit... I have long hair so its partly true. How about El Adventuresso!!!
Old 08-05-2014, 15:56   #4
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Fit, Helpful, Adventuress, Ready to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj.sternagel View Post
Can't find a way to edit... I have long hair so its partly true. How about El Adventuresso!!!
Ask Coops or one of the other Mod's to change it.. before you get busted for soliciting..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the drums.
Old 11-05-2014, 00:32   #5

I just posted the following in "Crew Wanted" section. Drop me a line if this sounds like it would work. I'm open to paying someone with skills such as yours, what would you charge for a trip like this?

"I'm looking for an experienced non-paid crew member (or two) to help sail my new Jeanneau 409 from SF to Seattle leaving SF the first week of August (will flex given conditions) I'm planning to take the offshore (LONG) route. Basically a big clockwise hook out as far as 42N 142W depending on where the Eastern Pacific High is and how it's behaving. I want to sail the vast majority of the way. As such the trip could take 16 to 18 days total but might be as few as 12 if lucky! This will NOT be an easy trip! Sailing north up the coast to the PNW is an upwind/up current climb and should not be taken lightly. You should only consider this trip if you're REALLY into a hard core blue water adventure. You'll also need your own personal gear. I have all the modern safety equip for the boat including EPIRB, life raft, sat phone, etc. etc.

While this is a serious trip with lots of wind and water, I am willing and planning to sacrifice time in order to point more comfortably off the wind. As such, anyone joining will need to have the flexibility to take the full 16-18 days to get to Seattle.

I'm not sure who'll be up for this trip based on what I've share above but if you're game for a wet and wild and possibly scary at times adventure, drop me a line and let's talk. daniel jay mccoy (all one word) at gmail dot com.

Dan"
Old 20-05-2014, 13:20   #6

Boat: Tom Colvin, Custom 63'

I have a nice 1995 tom Colvin steel ketch and not much experience sailing. I need an experienced sailer to help me get experienced in trade for the command of my vessel from St. Petersburg Florida to Puerto Lindo, Panama. I will cover all expenses.