Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-12-2011, 08:40   #1

Boat: Tayana 37
Send a message via Skype™ to Cliff
Firefighter/paramedic, experienced crew

Retired firefighter/paramedic seeking cruising, boat-sitting, or delivery positions world-wide.

54 y/o M, non-smoker, social drinker, no drugs. Clean, responsible, fun loving with a positive attitude. Respectful of others and the boat.
I don't know it all but have experience on the full E&W coasts of the US and Mexico, Great Lakes, ICW, Bahamas, Caribbean, trans-At, trans-Pac.
Sail to 50', power to 55'. Sloops, cutters, ketches, catamarans, trawlers.
Good knowledge of navigation, diesel and gasoline engines, 12v and plumbing systems, cruise prep, provisioning, can even cook a bit.
Have all my own gear, stand my own watches. CV and extensive reference list on request.

Cliff
Old 03-01-2012, 11:19   #2

Re: Firefighter/paramedic, experienced crew

Just a couple of lines to make an initial contact. I would like know what kind of financial arrangements you have on mind. Here are the factors. Long distance mate needed for Cape Canaveral - Key West (one leg, no stopping).
K.W. to Dry Tortugas, to Isla Mujeres. I.M. to Roatan, R. to New Providence, N.P. to Panama Canal, Canal to Pasific coast of Costa Rica, and more. Departure is for the first weeks in January 2012. If interested please call me (321) 506-6339 Car Romer
Old 03-01-2012, 19:19   #3

Boat: Tayana 37
Send a message via Skype™ to Cliff

Car, I'll give you a call tomorrow.
Old 15-03-2012, 11:05   #4

Boat: Hatteras 61 CMY, Hatteras 58 Yachtfish, Eastern 21 CC

Cliff,

Her's an ad I curently have on Craigs List Washington DC. I had assumed I would have best luck with a college kid but have no issues with an adult instead. Use contact below if interested.

Mike

Graduated+unemployed+summer looks dim+boating experience = 1st Mate.

Soon-to-be retired senior executive at a major non-profit social science research firm taking 61 Hatteras motor yacht around the Eastern loop -- Hudson River to St. Laurence River to Newfoundland to Nova Scotia to Maine and back to the Chesapeake. Expect to be gone from mid-June through mid September. Wife, children, friends will join trip at various points along the way -- Montreal, Quebec City, Bras d'Or Lakes, wherever. Am seeking bright, capable, experienced individual to serve as first mate for entire cruise (or two for 6 to 8 weeks each).

This is an unpaid position with all food, drink (within reason :-)) and boat costs paid by this 100ton Masters Certificate skipper with 40 years experience. If interested in joining me on this bucket list trip respond with cover letter describing what this experience would mean to you, a professional resume, and a yachting resume to info " at" dCount "dot" com .

Tags
crew