Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-01-2014, 18:52   #1

Fiji to Palau and on...

Looking for a long term crew member. People skills more important than sailing experience. Been cruising for 4 years and normally keep to a relaxed schedule. Spent a year and a half in Mexico because it was so wonderful. Been in Fiji about the same length of time. Need to move on before I swallow the anchor. Will likely head out between April and October for Palau.

If I get out in April, then I'll do Vanuatu and the Solomons and PNG, then north into Micronesia.

If I get out closer to October then it will be the Marshalls and hang a big left turn and explore Micronesia.

Palau sounds great and I expect to hang there for a year or more then head toward Thailand/Malaysia. Which will likely take a couple years to explore.

Anyway, I'll cover the boat related expenses.

Bill
Old 04-02-2014, 19:06   #2

Re: Fiji to Palau and on...

hi Im intersted in this one .I am a Fijian who is willing to to meet all my expences when sailing.Please send me an email on babale.pickering@gmail.com or by phone number +679 8403080. I currently work for Greenpeace but im on vacation.
Give me a call if you would like to have a catch up here in Suva Fiji
Old 15-02-2014, 14:17   #3

Hi bill,

I would be keen to join your journey. I live in Sydney and would be available to sail for up to a couple weeks and can come fly out to meet you.

I've raced Adams 10s in Middle Harbour the past three years. I've rented numerous yachts in Sydney and sailed Greece and Sicily on 34 and 46ft yachts with only my ex-partner and I.

I'm an easy going, funny (if I do say so myself) professional who's highly motivated to get more miles under my belt. I'm also a preset solid chef

Please feel free to call me to discuss if it sound like I'd be a good match for the journey. Cheers! Cathy:+61 411377186
Old 19-02-2014, 22:10   #4

Hi Bill, What kind of vessel do you have? Is this a single crew member position or would a couple be a possibility?
Thanks!
Old 21-02-2014, 06:39   #5

Boat: DUFOUR 12000 CT - 45' - SANS SOUCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessbull View Post
Looking for a long term crew member. People skills more important than sailing experience. Been cruising for 4 years and normally keep to a relaxed schedule. Spent a year and a half in Mexico because it was so wonderful. Been in Fiji about the same length of time. Need to move on before I swallow the anchor. Will likely head out between April and October for Palau.

If I get out in April, then I'll do Vanuatu and the Solomons and PNG, then north into Micronesia.

If I get out closer to October then it will be the Marshalls and hang a big left turn and explore Micronesia.

Palau sounds great and I expect to hang there for a year or more then head toward Thailand/Malaysia. Which will likely take a couple years to explore.

Anyway, I'll cover the boat related expenses.

Bill
Where in Fiji are you? What kind/size of boat are you sailing? Would you consider approaching the Marshal Islands from the East?

FIJI > SAMOA > NOKUNONU > KANTON > NONOUTI > BONRIKI > BUTARITAN > MILI > MAJURO > MICRONESIA > PALAU > THAILAND/MALAYSIA
Old 01-03-2014, 23:27   #6

Hi bill, I wanted to check-in again and see how you were going in finding crew. As I mentioned in my earlier message, I'm free for up to two weeks from mid-April and would love I fly and help however I can. I feel confident with most positions on the boat and think I'd make great company (if I do say so myself). Please feel free to call me or drop me a line if you'd like to discuss furthr on +61411377186 or cathylawsin@hotmail.com

Cheers! Cathy
Old 09-03-2014, 21:26   #7

Hi Bill,
I'm Sam, 31, from the UK. Living in Fiji on the Coral Coast at the moment but I have been roaming the globe for the last 4 years. Confident in the water and with knots (worked as a stage rigger for festivals for few yrs), but minimal sailing experience. I am a quick learner and very versatile. I'm available whenever and have no time restraints. If you would like t get in contact you can reach me on samity.said(at)gmail.com, or the resort I am working at (679) 7730774
I have transport so can arrange a meeting if that suits you.
I hope to hear from you.
Regards
Sam

Tags
Fiji, Palau