Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-10-2011, 09:25   #1

Female Crew - ASA-Certified - Available December '11 and January '12

Looking for crew position for DECEMBER AND JANUARY or any increments therein.
ASA certified in 2010 for basic keel boat and cruising. Race crew for Lake Travis and captain of a sunfish during the week.
Currently in Texas and looking to leave from the Texas coast or Mexico, but could make it to another location if needed.

I like to laugh. I am looking for first overnight/ extended crew gig.
I work with kids after school during the week and drunk adults on the weekends (very similar) I also work for an upholsterer and have worked for a sail maker.

I am dive certified too but haven't been in quite awhile. I got into sailing more.
I get along with grumpy old men that like to yell to sensitive blonde ladies. (my mom and dad) I am the big sister.
I've been entrusted with peoples homes, children, dogs and cats as a job.
And the responsible overnight tour driver for 15 passenger van with trailer.
I know no gross (my sense of smell is my weakest!)
I can haul 800lbs around on a bike no problem ( I rickshaw/ pedicab in Austin)
I've never smoked a day in my life but don't care if you do.
I'm a good cook and want to have a boat one day.
Very friendly and lots of love for life, humanity, and humor.
Old 31-10-2011, 09:43   #2

Boat: Blackwatch 19 gaff rig cat
Re: Female Crew - ASA-Certified - Available December '11 and January '12

Amy, I'm a 77 year old grumpy old man, who long ago befriended an Amy, (Amy Boyer-Google) I live in one of our countries beauty spots, along the white sandy beaches and white sandy deep back bays of the Gulf Coast of Alabama. My bride and I sailed here from San Francisco in 1983 and never looked back. If you happen to pass by this area, call and drop in for at least lunch. I have been planning to round trip it to Isla Mujeres this December, but am not sure about the trip right now. www.biophilia.net
Old 31-10-2011, 09:52   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

welcome and good luck..keep your eye on grumpy old men and women..hopefully we will all be old one day..DVC
Old 31-10-2011, 12:59   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

If you are used to kids, drunk adults and grumpy old people you should be able to get along with anyone on this forum. I would take you sailing but I have graduated from dodging barges in Galveston bay to playing in the Northern Pacific.
Good luck- I am sure you will have some offers.
Old 31-10-2011, 13:05   #5

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

That sounds, actually, like an ideal personal ad - forget the crewing! Good luck. I'm sure plenty of boat owners will be delighted to offer you a place on board.
Old 31-10-2011, 19:50   #6

Thanks Everybody, boat people are good people!
Old 01-11-2011, 23:04   #7

Boat: endeavour 40

Hello,
I plan departure from florida begining of january, the boat is an endeavour 40. destination, whatever, but i would like to go to belize and guatemala, rio dulce and farther, i am 52, retired, not to much experience with sailing, only went from florida to bahamas to arrive in jamaica and back. If you are interested call me 954.270.9375 or e mail me at hugues1811*at*hotmail*dot*com
Old 11-11-2011, 13:24   #8

Boat: Leopard 42 - JAMU

Hi Amy,
My wife and I will be cruising our Leopard 42 out of Isla Mujeres, Mexico during Jan through April. I'm only moderately old and grumpy. The first mate is much nicer, and needs a bit of physical help due to her RA - hence we're considering a crew member. Should your timing slip, drop me a pm or email and we'll explore this further.
Old 11-11-2011, 19:26   #9

Hi Jamu,
I'm only available December and January and need to be back at work for February. I could not find your email? Thanks!
Amy
Old 11-11-2011, 20:53   #10
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugues1811 View Post
Hello,
I plan departure from florida begining of january, the boat is an endeavour 40. destination, whatever, but i would like to go to belize and guatemala, rio dulce and farther, i am 52, retired, not to much experience with sailing, only went from florida to bahamas to arrive in jamaica and back. If you are interested call me 954.270.9375 or e mail me at hugues1811*at*hotmail*dot*com

I won't ever be ASA certified. It just costs too much and can't teach me the things I can only learn from experience, such as the best way to handle *my* boat in a big blow.
Old 11-11-2011, 21:29   #11

Hi! raku agreed an experience is what I'm looking for. I'm looking for someone who is pretty seasoned. I went out with a family this summer that was new to sailing and again for my first overnight/ extended trip want to go out with someone that has done it several times. As it was very awkward having a family with six kids below deck under the age of nine and just wanting "to learn as they went" to Alaska. Very brave and adventurous yes! but also very risky. After that experience I'm sticking to very experienced captains, as it was very uncomfortable realizing that my summer captain did not really know what he was doing, and not a position I want to put myself in again.
The unfortunate thing about getting a certification is meeting and learning from people that really know their stuff and have stories about their boat getting hit by a whale and them surviving.
Old 11-11-2011, 22:53   #12

If you have any interest in a trawler I am in south fl and looking to go anywhere
Old 12-11-2011, 17:54   #13

Boat: endeavour 40

Hellow
I am looking for a crew on my endeavour 40, departure mid january, flexible on date and destination, i am going to be alone onboard and doesn't want to make any sailing single handed, i am 52, retired and just want to sail away, i have a preference for belize and guatemala . E mail me if you are intetrrested Hugues1811@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyW View Post
Looking for crew position for DECEMBER AND JANUARY or any increments therein.
ASA certified in 2010 for basic keel boat and cruising. Race crew for Lake Travis and captain of a sunfish during the week.
Currently in Texas and looking to leave from the Texas coast or Mexico, but could make it to another location if needed.

I like to laugh. I am looking for first overnight/ extended crew gig.
I work with kids after school during the week and drunk adults on the weekends (very similar) I also work for an upholsterer and have worked for a sail maker.

I am dive certified too but haven't been in quite awhile. I got into sailing more.
I get along with grumpy old men that like to yell to sensitive blonde ladies. (my mom and dad) I am the big sister.
I've been entrusted with peoples homes, children, dogs and cats as a job.
And the responsible overnight tour driver for 15 passenger van with trailer.
I know no gross (my sense of smell is my weakest!)
I can haul 800lbs around on a bike no problem ( I rickshaw/ pedicab in Austin)
I've never smoked a day in my life but don't care if you do.
I'm a good cook and want to have a boat one day.
Very friendly and lots of love for life, humanity, and humor.

Tags
asa, crew