Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2014, 11:22   #1

Female Cook Available

I'm 20 years old and have been cooking for my family ever since my sister and brother were born(1&3). Now that my mom can finally stay at home with them all the time I can finally pursue my dreams. I've always wanted to sail the seas and cook for my crew! I can cook anything you'd like, so long as I have the ingredients. So if you're looking for a skilled cook to join your crew, I'm your girl!
Old 18-04-2014, 12:35   #2

Boat: 1973 Easterly 36
Re: Female Cook available

It might help if you told us where you're from, where you're willing to travel, and how much if any sailing experience you have. Whatever you do though follow your dreams but keep a level head. Visit the boat you plan to crew on first. Interview the captain, if it feels wierd or you're getting bad vibes just bail.

Also if the boat is dirty, rusty, in poor condition you have to question it's ability to successfully make the trip. Im not saying all ugly boats aren't seaworthy but from what I've seen most are!

There are lots of young women with blogs out there sailing and doing their thing, no reason you can't too! Go for it!
Old 18-04-2014, 14:31   #3

I'm in Florida, and I will travel wherever my captain decides to go! I've never left the USA so there's no where I wouldn't want to go. I've only ever been boating with family, I don't have any actual sailing experience, but I can learn. This is something I've wanted to for a very long time, and I'm ready to learn everything there is about sailing. I've just never had the money or time to actually go out on my own. Which is why I'm looking to maybe work as a cook. I'm not looking for pay, it would be nice, but not recommended. I just want adventure on the high seas with a group of people that will be my life long friends.
Old 18-04-2014, 20:01   #4

Boat: islandpacket

Get your passport and passport card ordered.
Old 29-04-2014, 02:11   #5

Hi im sailing from NZ to Tonga/Fiji in mid may if this is of intrest to you please email me.

ss34@hotmail.co.nz

Cheers Aaron
Old 30-04-2014, 05:16   #6

Boat: Hardin Voyager 45 -
Re: Female Cook Available

Panama, Ecuador, Galapagos, French Polynesia . . ?

Still interested drop a line

Ian
Old 30-04-2014, 09:17   #7
TDC

Poster hasn't been online since this was posted so assume a boat was found or something came up.
Old 19-05-2014, 21:38   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to kiwiladysailor Send a message via Skype™ to kiwiladysailor

I am an old and experienced boat cook , if you need any tips or advice feel free to pm me . I would be delighted to help dear girl. Cooking at sea , organising a galley , requisitioning in foreign ports , keeping menus interesting with limited ingredients is a skill not learnt overnight . There is cooking on boats then there is cooking on boats ....anyone can cook on a boat . Not everyone can cook well on a boat . A well fed crew is a happy crew, happy crew makes for happy sailing. My best wishes to you in finding your dream job .......Saskia
Old 19-05-2014, 22:35   #9

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiladysailor View Post
I am an old and experienced boat cook , if you need any tips or advice feel free to pm me . I would be delighted to help dear girl. Cooking at sea , organising a galley , requisitioning in foreign ports , keeping menus interesting with limited ingredients is a skill not learnt overnight . There is cooking on boats then there is cooking on boats ....anyone can cook on a boat . Not everyone can cook well on a boat . A well fed crew is a happy crew, happy crew makes for happy sailing. My best wishes to you in finding your dream job .......Saskia
If you have the time you could start a couple of threads with you tips. Your possible threads are underlined.

I am sure many would appreciate your experience.
Old 19-05-2014, 23:43   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to kiwiladysailor Send a message via Skype™ to kiwiladysailor

Good idea , I will do a blog , now how do I go about getting that organised ?
Old 20-05-2014, 01:57   #11

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

I just clicked on the sailblogs Ad panel on this page.

SailBlogs | Sailing Blog Hosting, Map Tracking & Social Network

Don't always like they are setup but I think there are various templates.

cheers