Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-06-2015, 03:33   #1

Boat: Beneteau 44cc
Extended Cruising starting from Ireland Aug 2016

Crew Positions available for extended cruise starting from Ireland Aug 2016. The plan is to Circumnavigate over 3-4 years. Briefly our route will be Ireland- France - short Med stay - Medeira - Canaries - Caribbean - Panama Canal - Pacific Islands - New Zealand - Australia. Thailand - Cambodia - Indian ocean - South Africa - Brazil - Caribbean - Western Med - Easterm Med - Return to Ireland. The Boat is a Beneteau 44cc very well equipped. Current Crew is 2 male 1 female. Crew can be male or female. You will be expected to share living and boat expenses at a reasonable level. the Trip is fully funded for 4 years. Im only interested in crew who can join for extended periods at present. You need to be in good health, have a valid passport, no criminal records, no smoking allowed on board, fun and easy going and up for great adventures. As with all crew your safety and comfort will be very high priority. I am an experienced skipper with 1000's of sea miles including transatlantic. I would like to include all crew in checkout short cruise maybe over long weekends sailing out of Cork South Ireland. This is a great opportunity to have adventures on a safe well equipped boat with and easy going crew and see the world in a way no tourist can ever experience. Living costs will be much lower than it is on land, but you must show evidence of being able to fund your self and make small contributions to boat running costs. You need to be over 18 years old, no upper limit as long as you are healthy. Having a disability will not exclude you. Many disabled people make great crew members. As long as I believe you can make a good crew contribution and can be safe while on board, you will be considered. All replies will be answered. We only Plan do this once, but if we are all happy, we just might keep on going!
Old 23-06-2015, 04:35   #2

Boat: Neptune 33
Re: Extended Cruising starting from Ireland Aug 2016

Hi
I may be interested in some of these routes. Please PM me. I am also Cork based. B
Old 27-06-2015, 08:53   #3

Hi, I'm a recently retired middle aged Irishman, comp crew certified, and recently sailed single handed from Corfu to Crete. I now want to get more experience sailing with other people, and would love to join you on the trip. Please let me know if there is still a position available on the boat, and if you need more info about me.
Old 30-06-2015, 10:12   #4

Hi - I am very interested in joining you. What do you have in mind as a minimum period? I am 55 years old but fit and healthy. I have competent crew but am not a hugely competent sailor - however, I love life on board and have done two shared sails in the Med (can send references). I live in Cape Town, South Africa, but do not necessarily have to join there. I am particularly interested in the warmer water sails. I can do the "cehck out" sail in Ireland if arranged in good time. Please be n touch with me at leoni.hofmeyr@gmail.com.
Hope to hear from you.
Leoni Hofmeyr
Old 14-08-2015, 04:38   #5

Where are you now?
Old 18-08-2015, 23:39   #6

Boat: 2005, cartopper dinghy
Send a message via Skype™ to Skipyash

Hi, I am an experienced sailor (3000 nm on Mediterranean Sea), I have got IYT Yatchmaster (offshore) certificate, I'm 50 yo, living in Ankara, Turkey, I'm food scientist (Prof. Dr.), etc. I have been dreaming a circumnavigation for 2 years, but I do not know how? I am thinking about, if I would find a good opportunity for this dream, I could be retired from the university. I have not got enough money for buying my own boat for my dream, that's why I have been looking for this kind of possibilities. This method is a little bit worrying for me on living in a boat with not well-known sailors (it is same for you, I see), but I want to try, cos I have no choice more than this, yet. So, I want this, but I don't know how!!! If you could discuss this possibility with me I would be very glad. Sincerely yours, and in advance nice winds. Yasar Kemal Erdem (SkippYash).
Old 25-08-2015, 11:56   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipyash View Post
Hi, I am an experienced sailor (3000 nm on Mediterranean Sea), I have got IYT Yatchmaster (offshore) certificate, I'm 50 yo, living in Ankara, Turkey, I'm food scientist (Prof. Dr.), etc. I have been dreaming a circumnavigation for 2 years, but I do not know how? I am thinking about, if I would find a good opportunity for this dream, I could be retired from the university. I have not got enough money for buying my own boat for my dream, that's why I have been looking for this kind of possibilities. This method is a little bit worrying for me on living in a boat with not well-known sailors (it is same for you, I see), but I want to try, cos I have no choice more than this, yet. So, I want this, but I don't know how!!! If you could discuss this possibility with me I would be very glad. Sincerely yours, and in advance nice winds. Yasar Kemal Erdem (SkippYash).
Hi Yasar,
Thanks for your interest in our cruise.

Send a request for a crew Application form to Billforde@gmail.com. once I receive your completed form I will contact you and we cab take it from there.
Old 25-08-2015, 12:01   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbunny View Post
Where are you now?
We are in the south of Ireland completing the fit out, send a request for crew application form if you are interested I joining. To billforde@gmail.com.
Thanks for your interest.
Old 27-08-2015, 04:40   #9

Hola,
Thanks for the update.

Tags
cruising, extended cruising, Ireland