Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-03-2015, 07:28   #1

Experienced Sailor Looking for Mile Building or Trans-Atlantic Summer 2015

Greetings,

My name is Mark and I'm a blue water sailor out of Boston. In my early years of professional sailing I was a waterfront director at a summer camp in Iowa, in charge of teaching all the counselors how to instruct their campers. I was up-to-snuff will all the regulations of Iowa water safety laws and American camp regulations required. After graduating college I moved east for bigger game and became Bosun's Mate on Liberty Clipper, a 125ft schooner out of Boston, wintering in Nassau, Bahamas. I was with her for 6 months, making the trip south and then leading the aloft procedures while in the yard period. After which I moved back to Boston for a career but always kept myself working on the water in one fashion of another. Every summer I volunteer or work part-time at one of the many Boston sailing schools such as Piers Park Sailing in East Boston, and most recently, Community Boating INC on the Charles River. In addition to this, I worked as Mate for Classic Harbor Line's Adirondack III, an 80ft schooner, who was in her 2nd and most profitable season. Her captain has asked me to get a captain's license because he would like to see me as the relief skipper as soon as possible.
I'm looking for mile building voyages up to 1 month long and would be thrilled to cross the Atlantic before my 30th birthday this summer. I'm incredibly hard working, sharp-minded, cool-headed, and am from Minnesota so I'm very easy to get along with.
Thanks for considering me. Contact me anytime.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 19-03-2015, 08:21   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Re: Experienced Sailor Looking for Mile Building or Trans-Atlantic Summer 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJoseph View Post
Greetings,

My name is Mark and I'm a blue water sailor out of Boston. In my early years of professional sailing I was a waterfront director at a summer camp in Iowa, in charge of teaching all the counselors how to instruct their campers. I was up-to-snuff will all the regulations of Iowa water safety laws and American camp regulations required. After graduating college I moved east for bigger game and became Bosun's Mate on Liberty Clipper, a 125ft schooner out of Boston, wintering in Nassau, Bahamas. I was with her for 6 months, making the trip south and then leading the aloft procedures while in the yard period. After which I moved back to Boston for a career but always kept myself working on the water in one fashion of another. Every summer I volunteer or work part-time at one of the many Boston sailing schools such as Piers Park Sailing in East Boston, and most recently, Community Boating INC on the Charles River. In addition to this, I worked as Mate for Classic Harbor Line's Adirondack III, an 80ft schooner, who was in her 2nd and most profitable season. Her captain has asked me to get a captain's license because he would like to see me as the relief skipper as soon as possible.
I'm looking for mile building voyages up to 1 month long and would be thrilled to cross the Atlantic before my 30th birthday this summer. I'm incredibly hard working, sharp-minded, cool-headed, and am from Minnesota so I'm very easy to get along with.
Thanks for considering me. Contact me anytime.

Cheers,

Mark
Hey Mark and welcome to Cf..So are the women hard working ,the men good looking and the kids above average in Minnesota or does that apply only to the ones around fictional Lake Wobeegone?
Old 21-03-2015, 07:54   #3

Boat: Camper & Nicholson 48' Ketch

Mark,
We are a couple of "old salts" preparing to leave England around May 10 for the Caribbean via Morocco and/or the Canaries on our Nick 48. We will put in at Grenada, then continue to Cartegna, Columbia where we plan to leave the boat for Hurricane Season.
Give us a shout.

Ann and Lew
Old 21-03-2015, 10:21   #4

Boat: Samson cutter ketch

Hi there,
We may need crew from Panama, Bocas del Toro this year ,from there to Fla and across.
Please find my post, or contact Tony:
tonybuick(at) hotmail(dot) co(dot) uk

all the best,
firstmatejac
Old 24-03-2015, 11:08   #5

Hi! My name is Piet Scheepers. I am taking a 46ft Leopard cat from F.L. to Portugal end April. I need a first mate and you sound like the right kind of guy. This is not a paying position, but an opportunity to sail acroos the nort atlantic via the Azores where you can stop or carry on to Portugal. Please let me know if you would like to join me and my young crew from Nieu Zealand. I am South African, done 175,000nm incl 2 single handed and 29 other ocean crossings. Cheers.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:44   #6

Boat: F & C 44

Hi Mark,

We are heading from Stonington CT to UK - probably via the Azores - ETD May 20th ish.

Here are some more details:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/trans...k=object-title

Please get in touch soon if you are interested.

Many thanks,

Will

Tags
enc, sail