Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 23:14   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Robertson & Caine, Leopard 47
Experienced Multihull Sailor to Cruise the Caribbean

I am looking for an experienced multihull person (or couple) to join me on a cruise in the Caribbean from Mid July.

My last boat was a 22 ton monohull and I have just bought a Leopard 47 and would like someone to show me all the ropes!

This is not a delivery trip but very much a cruise to explore and have fun. My idea is to sail south from Tortola from about Mid July.

If you are an experienced multihull skipper/owner/ex owner (single or a couple) who knows the nuances of sailing multihulls and who wants to spend a month or so on a beautiful boat in the Caribbean then please get in touch.

I welcome replies to this post here, but if anyone is serious could they please email me on john at duckworthHouse dot com as it is more private.

I am in the UK at the moment so if anyone wants to meet up they will have to come to the Solent!

John
Old 05-05-2011, 11:04   #2

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lucia 40
Re: Experienced Multihull Sailor to Cruise the Caribbean

John:

I am very interested in your post to "show you the ropes" with multi-hulls in the Carribean. I have been sailing from my youth and hold most open and blue water certifications and qualifications including multi-hull, inclement weather, navigation, etc.. Though I have been sailing for nearly forty years, for the past fifteen years I have been particularly vested in multi-hulls, in addition to regularly sailing mono-hulls. I know some areas of the Caribbean well, like much of the Virgin Islands, Western regions of the Bahamas, etc.. I am comfortable and qualified for everything from island hopping and night sailing, to blue-water crossings. I am a fifty year old married man in very good physical condition, and absolutely love sailing and people. If you are interested in exploring further, I will be happy to provide my resume. I think we would have a blast.
By the way, you have purchased one of my favorite boats, of which I am looking into purchasing the exact same, so there's a double benefit. I also am one of the senior partners in my business, so I have the ability to be somewhat flexible with timing.
Sincerely, Mitch Hughes - mhughes@dsi-engineering.com
Old 06-05-2011, 00:28   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Robertson & Caine, Leopard 47
Re: Experienced Multihull Sailor to Cruise the Caribbean

Thanks Mitch,

I will reply to you directly to your email address.

John

Tags
Caribbean, cruise, multihull, caribbean