Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2015, 15:32   #1

Experienced lady sailer South Pacific bound

My name is Shanan, I'm a 22 year old adventurer hoping to get over seas. I'm open to crewing a boat going pretty much anywhere, though South Pacific is calling to me currently.
I'm an experienced coast sailer-- I was a cruiser kid off and on on a Cooper 41, sailing in Mexico-- and am eager to do more water sailing">Blue Water sailing. I am strong, learn fast, good company, and know what it means to live on a boat for extended periods of time.
I am free starting in February 2015.
Cant wait to hear from you!
Old 15-01-2015, 10:49   #2

Re: Experienced lady sailer South Pacific bound

Hi not sure your current location. I am departing San Francisco southbound on Feb 2. LA, San Diego, Turtle Bay, Mag Bay, Cabo, and La Paz, Mexico. From there, either further south or Sea of Cortez. Does that interest you? Vessel is Tayana 37 cutter, skipper has done this trip many times.
Charles 510 825 8552

Thanks.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:46   #3
RJ.

Boat: 57' ketch

Hi, I'm planning to leave Seattle around March 1. Going to Boston. If you are still looking and this interests you, call Rj at 954-756-4481
Old 02-02-2015, 17:38   #4
cruiser

Boat: Kettenburg K40

Port Angeles....PNW this summer.....south in fall. pm ready now.
Old 14-02-2015, 13:43   #5

Boat: Jeanneau, 45.2
Send a message via Skype™ to sweet surrender

Hi,,

I am looking for a sailing partner ( female) deckhand , for summer 2015 ,, route will be (Aegean waters) Greek islands, Turkısh and Greek waters,,

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 17-02-2015, 06:13   #6

Boat: endeavour 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by swolfgirl View Post
My name is Shanan, I'm a 22 year old adventurer hoping to get over seas. I'm open to crewing a boat going pretty much anywhere, though South Pacific is calling to me currently.
I'm an experienced coast sailer-- I was a cruiser kid off and on on a Cooper 41, sailing in Mexico-- and am eager to do more Blue Water sailing. I am strong, learn fast, good company, and know what it means to live on a boat for extended periods of time.
I need to go from rio dulce Guatemala to cienfuego cuba in may or before, my boat is a 40ft endeavour, 2 private cabin and 2 head and looking for some help, I have plenty of time, the trip is belize, mexico and cuba, 700NM, mean 7 days sailing but I plan to make a lot of stop, because we are going along the coast, let me know if you are interested ( I am originally from Belgium, became us citizen, speaking French, English y un poco de espanol tabien
Old 17-02-2015, 21:48   #7

Boat: 45 loa Ketch

If you are still looking, Im hailing out of Nanaimo to the South Pacific if you are interested let me know.
Old 04-03-2015, 20:05   #8

Charles here, making my way down the California coast. Stopped in Morro Bay to replace a bad transmission, Southbound shortly, LA, San Diego, outer Baja with stops along the way to Cabo, then up to La Paz and Sea of Cortez.

Tayana 37 well fitted out, have done the trip many times. Looking for one or two, share modest expenses. Sign on for all of the legs LA to upper Sea of Cortez. Depending on weather and political climate, may leave Sea of Cortez southbound to Maz, PV, Zihuat etc. Have done both, all will be fantastic. Reply by email to charlesatsea@gmail.com. Some sailing experience desirable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swolfgirl View Post
I'm an experienced coast sailer-- I was a cruiser kid off and on on a Cooper 41, sailing in Mexico-- and am eager to do more Blue Water sailing. I am strong, learn fast, good company, and know what it means to live on a boat for extended periods of time.
Old 25-03-2015, 08:57   #9

Hi Swolfgirl,
I am in the PNW, Oregon and will be doing some local sailing this summer. Then leaving summer 2016 for a circ of the pacific. I already have one crew for the big trip and would like to meet you to see if you would fit in. Let me know if that interests you.
Stefan
Old 05-04-2015, 08:50   #10
2kr

Boat: IP445

I am leaving Panama for Tahiti in 3 - 4 weeks in an Island Packet 445. Sailing with another boat.
Old 23-04-2015, 17:51   #11

Hello,
my name is Olivier, I am french and sailing alone with my son5 years old heading to New Caledonia but with a long stop very likely to New Caledonia. I am considering taking onboard a native speaking english in order to practice my english, female preferably as we are already two male onboard, someone ready to give little hand, who likes children, and can pay for her cost of living onboard, and is not smoking preferably. Reading through your post I thought there might a fit here.

I am planning to leave Tahiti (French Polynesia) beginning of June and sail via Fidji (15 days stay planned), Vanuatu 15 days stay planned) and finally go to New Caledonia very likely to leave the boat and fly to Australia where I am willing to settle (or NZ possibly). My threshold is to arrive in New Caledonia latest mid of August stop there to escape the winter bad weather more south
as my email is quite short notice and I have not even made my mind 100%, I am giving you the address of our blog where you can see pictures of us two (though written in french).
if you are possibly interested can I please ask you to send a few pictures of you and your comments about my plan
blog: Il était une fois ...
please answer me at: martino_fr@yahoo.fr
greetings
Olivier
Old 24-04-2015, 17:09   #12

Hi, I'm looking for someone to help me move my boat down the CA coast to Mexico to possibly make the Pacific Puddle Jump. I own a 33' Islander Wayfarer. I hope to leave within the next week.
Old 25-04-2015, 12:24   #13

Hi Sharon,

If you haven['t left yet, I am looking for someone to help me sail from the Central Coast of CA down to Mexico. From there I was thinking about trying to make the Pacific Puddle Jump. Currently I am preparing my boat (66' Islander Wayfarer 33') for blue-water sailing in Moss Landing. I will be leaving there by the end of the month. I am a 26 year old female and an amateur sailor at best. On that note, let me know if you're interested. Thanks!
Old 08-05-2015, 10:58   #14

Hi Shana,

I am looking for some help with my 28 ft Shannon sailboat. I am leaving SW Florida in a few days. Going first to dry Tortuga then onto Cuba after that I do not know. I am not too concerned about where I go as to whom I go with.

Bob Shannon
Old 21-05-2015, 01:07   #15

Are you still looking for a ride?

Tags
enc, sail, south pacific