Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2015, 11:29   #1

Boat: Islander Freeport 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Chris151e
experience hungry, will pay my own expenses.

Hello Everyone,
I bought my first boat, an Islander Freeport 36, two years ago and have been living aboard in the SF Bay area since then, sailing on the bay, maintaining her, seeing to surprises that come up. With yet much prep in both skipper and boat yet to do, I'm holding the vision to join the Baha Haha 2016.

In preparation, I'm very eager to get open water cruising experience and all aspects of it appeal to me including routine chores, standing regular watch, cutting line off the prop, rebuilding the head, anchoring, etc.; whatever, it's all good. Of course I'm looking forward to sunny days, snorkeling and fishing, meeting other cruisers along the way, too.

I'd describe myself as a sociable introvert, easygoing, travel often, scuba instructor and life coach, tho I'm not doing either these days. Technically I'm 54 but a very healthy lifestyle keeps both mind/body feeling 10-20 years younger. I'm in excellent health. Seamanship/Personality references available.

I'm interested in warm weather/ocean locales, especially Central and South America, western Caribbean, and the South Pacific. I can be anywhere within about a week, cruise open-ended up to a month or more. I bring my own gear, pay all my own expenses.

Please let me know a bit about your boat, your experience, your goals in cruising, and your motivation for taking on crew.

Cheers,
Old 07-09-2015, 23:09   #2

Location: Tampa Bay area, Tarpon Springs, and Clearwater Beach
Boat: MacGregor 26M
Re: experience hungry, will pay my own expenses.

Looking for help Miami to Bahamas end of December. Still looking?

Tags
enc