This is my first post here so I would like to say hello to everyone and hope for directions if there is something wrong with posting
that kind of info here.
My name is Krzysztof (I usually go by Chris), I am 33 years old and I am from Poland
I am starting my round-the-globe trip soon (October 1st 2013) and as part of it I am currently looking for opportunities to cross the Atlantic on a sailboat.
Where and when:
I will be in Lisbon October 1-20th 2013, then will be moving to Canary Islands (November 1st 2013) to look for a boat
to cross to any Caribbean
island. I can also get to other ports
(Giblartar, Spain) if you plan to sail to the Caribbean
Here is some facts about me:
- 25 years of amateur sailing experience (most of it on inland waters and Croatia)
- skipper certificate (in Poland we have three levels: sailor, skipper, captain).
- STCW95 Training (I got it just for safety - I have no pro crew experience or plans to be)
- fluent English - (spent 5 years in USA)
- LRC (Long Range Certificate)
- professional photographer (krzysztof turowski photography)
- amateur filmmaker (vimeo)
- IT-guy (MSc in Computer Science, Web Designer/Developer)
- 8 years of music school (piano but I like to sing too)
- used to have a 11-person band called Motherfunker & The Freshmakers - we played funk (I played alto saxo)
How can I be of use to you:
- keep watch
- do anything around the boat - clean, fix, paint etc.
- entertain with an interesting conversation..or stay quiet when you feel like it
- document your trip - photos, film
- create a pro website for your needs (over 15 years of experience)
- you name it - I am quite versatile and not afraid of any job