Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-05-2011, 12:47   #1

Arrow ER Doctor and Pro Sailor - Available June in Panama

Howdy!

I'm an American ER doctor (now work part-time) and professional sailor, looking to sail away from Panama in mid June, maybe earlier. I'm free until early September.

I've 10 years sailing experience, cruising on 'plastic boats' in New England, the Chesapeake, Caribbean and Croatia. Have worked since 2008 on tall ships doing leadership youth courses during the summers (deckhand and 2nd mate), and captained for Outward Bound on their pulling boats.

Have USCG 100-ton Master's Inland/Mate Near-Coastal license + STCW + radar course. Also PADI Rescue Diver certified.

I travel with a small emergency medical kit: but no bandaids!

I really would like to enjoy some time on the water (I went to the high mountains in 2010 and I'm missing the loll of the ocean!). Hopefully I'll get more blue-water sailing to expand my license and learn celestial nav.

I speak fluent Spanish. No smoking, no underway drinking (and only mild when stopped), no drugs. I love swing and salsa dance, play guitar and violin (but no instruments with me) and road bike.

Please drop a line if you're interested in experienced crew between June and September. Getting paid would be grand, but not required: however, low-cost living is a priority.

Thanks!!
Old 15-05-2011, 15:37   #2

Boat: 1994 Amel Super Maramu
Re: ER doctor and pro sailor, avail June in Panama

Hi, tamarinera. I am in the process of purchasing a 53 foot Amel Super Maramu in Panama (Pacific side) and expect to close the deal in mid-to-late June. My current plans are to bring her up to San Diego, take care of some business and tune-up the boat as needed, and then in the fall begin a multi-year journey of relaxed cruising (with the occasional adventure thrown in).

Likewise, I'm non-smoker, drinker in port only.

Unpaid position. If you might be looking to establish a relationship that could lead to multiple stints over multiple years in multiple locales ...

The boat is an extremely well-equipped luxury-type ketch. Even has a dive compressor!

You can email me at sailingisablast ... at ... comcast ... dot ... net.

Happy sails.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:04   #3

Re: ER Doctor and Pro Sailor - Available June in Panama

Hi, We are a couple (mid 50's) with a 2005 45CC leaving Ensenada, Mexico for Australia end of June. All or part way possible. Route yet to be determined dependant on crew availability, visas, weather etc. Let us know if interested.

Tags
Panama, panama