Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2011, 08:45   #1

Boat: Custom Aluminum 52
Eastern US to Caribbean . . . and Beyond

Hi all! I’m looking for crew /sailing partner departing from eastern US to the Caribbean around Christmas.
I'll start with the big picture: I’m a 44 year old Canadian ‘boy”, sold my businesses, bought my dream boat, and am good to go for at least 5 years of sailing. I’ll be departing Maryland around Christmas and heading to the Caribbean for the winter. There are no set plans from here other than to see the world. The boat is a 52’ one-off Aluminum pilot house. She’s safe, fast, comfortable, and geared up.
I will be having family and friends crewing at various times but really need a full time reliable FEMALE partner for the majority. All I’m looking for is a trial commitment for a month or so – and if the compatibility is there (and your life has the space) then away we go. At least some sailing experience is necessary and initially you will need to cover your own personal expenses. Everything boat related will be covered.
Let me know if you need more info on me, the boat, the plan - thanks!
Old 07-12-2011, 18:36   #2

Re: Eastern US to Caribbean ...and beyond

Hi BB Doug,
Interesting adventure plan!! I am a 46yr old woman born in Canada to a Jamaican Mother and moved Down Under some 25 years ago.( I wish someone would please let the Canadians know the ice age is over in the rest of the world!) I have 2 gorgeous sons, 20 and 22, who grew up too fast and I am divorced for 2 years after a 21 year relationship. I found myself both socially and financially free, so I left Australia and have been traveling since April 2011 both South and North America. I am in Florida right now and so ready to just get on a yacht and sail into the Caribbean for the next part of this grand adventure, not everything has been grand either!! I bought a van to road trip around the US in and it blew up in Pecos Texas, and I was stuck in a garage for Thanksgiving! All part of the journey. I have come to Florida specifically to find the right skipper and crew to sail away with and have the time of our lives! I have done a bit of sailing, and I have cooked on a catamaran for the past 7 years on a whale watching trip we did with friends every year. I love the ocean, don't get sea sick and take all the ups and downs in my own stride. I love the Caribbean and would also love to sail to Hawaii and even possibly back to Australia. I play music and have taught dance for the past 17 years and am also a professional Lomi Lomi Masseuse (Hawaiian Massage therapist...if you have never had one you don't know what you are missing out on!!) As I said I am in Ft Lauderdale and ready to leave as of yesterday, so if you are interested please give me a call and let me know what your plans are.
ONE LOVE Malaika 3477810594 malaika.darville@gmail.com
Old 09-12-2011, 15:09   #3

Re: Eastern US to Caribbean . . . and Beyond

Ahoy! I am also Canadian and in Maryland! I am 30 years old. I have some sailing experience but am relatively new to it all, most of my experience has been on fishing boats back home. I recently did the Caribbean 1500 rally and was on the winning boat! That is the bulk of my sailing experience but I did learn quite a bit and am very capable and eager to learn more. If you are interested in having me sail with you I can be reached by phone, 443 477 7504. Hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers!
Nadine
Old 11-12-2011, 08:15   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 1978 41' Island Trader
Send a message via MSN to CaptainPatty Send a message via Skype™ to CaptainPatty

Hello! I would be very interested in hearing more...I my self am a 100t Captain and have made the journey down several times and lived in the Caribbean for 8 years. I would be very interested in learning more. I am an avid sailor, writer, photographer and love life on the sea. What type of boat do you have? You can read more about me at captainpatty.com. Ciao and good luck!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:04   #5

Boat: Custom Aluminum 52

Hi Capt Patty. I sent you my contact information on your business site. If you didn't get that - my direct email is bbdoug67@gmail.com and phone is 443-254-4104. I'll be happy to send you some more info on myself and the boat.

Thanks,
Doug
Old 28-04-2012, 16:27   #6

Just checking to see if you are still looking for crew. David Reay met you in Cuba and gave you some info. If so let me know.

Tags
Caribbean, caribbean