Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 09:02   #1

Boat: Not a boat owner
Eastbound Atlantic - English Couple Available

English couple available, 30yrs and 28yrs, to sail eastbound from Florida or caribbean location. Flying into Miami 5th May, available immediately. RYA competent crew qualified, with about 100 miles experience. Both willing, intelligent, hard working and sensible. Mike was born with a spanner in his hand although now works as a chartered civil engineer. Good grasp of meteorology, ocean physics and electronics. Abby is a marine biologist, exceptionally hard working, gentle and friendly.
Looking for well equipped yacht and experienced, qualified skipper. Well maintained boat and rig, SSB and/or satphone, and good navigational systems, considered a must.
Drop us an email or give us a call
crispy241080*at*hotmail*dot*com
+44 (0) 7799052221
Old 03-05-2011, 16:54   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,
Re: Eastbound Atlantic - English Couple Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrisp View Post
English couple available, 30yrs and 28yrs, to sail eastbound from Florida or caribbean location. Flying into Miami 5th May, available immediately. RYA competent crew qualified, with about 100 miles experience. Both willing, intelligent, hard working and sensible. Mike was born with a spanner in his hand although now works as a chartered civil engineer. Good grasp of meteorology, ocean physics and electronics. Abby is a marine biologist, exceptionally hard working, gentle and friendly.
Looking for well equipped yacht and experienced, qualified skipper. Well maintained boat and rig, SSB and/or satphone, and good navigational systems, considered a must.
Drop us an email or give us a call
crispy241080*at*hotmail*dot*com
+44 (0) 7799052221
I suppose that the "100Miles" experience is a mistyping? Even the Admiral and myself had much more than that...
Old 03-05-2011, 17:32   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

even if they only have 100 miles,thats more than some of the crew that have crossed oceans as my crew,personally find willing attitude,and abit of common sense more important,can teach someone to steer a coarse and keep a good watch in about 15 minutes,the rest is practise,rather have someone wanting to learn than a know it all whos first question is "do you have an auto pilot?"
Old 04-05-2011, 00:12   #4
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Eastbound Atlantic - English Couple Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
even if they only have 100 miles,thats more than some of the crew that have crossed oceans as my crew,personally find willing attitude,and abit of common sense more important,can teach someone to steer a coarse and keep a good watch in about 15 minutes,the rest is practise,rather have someone wanting to learn than a know it all whos first question is "do you have an auto pilot?"
Guess thats me off the crew list then.....
Old 04-05-2011, 00:55   #5
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Hey there Mike and Abby, welcome aboard... and well done for jumping straight in there, I'm well impressed!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:04   #6
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Eastbound Atlantic - English Couple Available

Shoot... sorry about that folks... did not click on it was your 1st post....
Welcome to CF.... hope you get that ride over...
W-E.... the best way to cross the Atlantic...
Great sailing and loadsa wildlife... unlike the downhill run the other way..
Enjoy...
Old 04-05-2011, 01:24   #7

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Absolutely, what was the girl called who sailed a Contessa 26 around the world, Abby something. Bought a second hand boat and sailed to Bermuda without being able to use a sextant. That's quite a small island to hit in pre electronic navigation days.

Mcrisp, welcome to CF

Pete
Old 04-05-2011, 10:18   #8

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,

Quote:
You're right!!
My remarks was only the way they presented themselves so I was supposing they mistype the miles... No judgement at all