Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-03-2014, 11:45   #1

East to West Coast-all or part of voyage

Aloha all eager sailors!
I will be departing Maryland in September and would welcome competent crew, singles or couples, for all or part of a long and slow journey from the East coast to the West coast of the US. There will be no rush but I want to be in Panama by March when the rain/lighting season ends.
Here is my plan:
1. Maryland to Charleston---Sept 2014- SE across Gulf Stream to open ocean and right turn back to Charleston, SC.
2. Down coast of Florida after Hurricane season officially over.
3. November-Feb- cruising the Bahamas, Abacos. My family will be with me for a week or three at Christmas.
4. Turks to Jamaica
5. Jamaica to Cartagena Columbia
6. Cartagena to San Blass Islands
7. San Blass to Colon and through Canal. ARRIVING CANAL MARCH 2015
8. West end Canal to Cost Rica-El Salvador-Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo, San Diego, CA.

If you are interested:
1. You must have sailing experience, preferably some off shore. (Our longest time offshore is only a few days on each leg. We may make longer stretches when off Mexico headed North.)
2. All will share expenses, but all will have a say in those expenditures.
3. Everyone is a deck hand and stands a watch. Everyone has a job to do. Lots to do and learn and maybe teach.
4. You can see the boat and meet me in Maryland starting in June when I arrive to work on the boat and put it back in the water. It's is 50' and a proven blue water cutter with an impressive pedigree. Sea kindly and a dream to sail.
5. If you are a couple and one of you is the sailor and the other good at something boat-wise(cooking, maintenance,etc., then there is a place for you both.
6. No egos or high maintenance people on board! You know who you are so please do not take up my time with an application if you know you have trouble getting along or are prone to panic.

I am a young-old guy, recently retired, with many years of sailing experience, but I need younger minds and bodies for this long voyage and older experienced sailors. If you respond, please send a brief bio and your sailing experience long with your expectations and desires.

Warm regards and good luck on your sailing adventures.
Doug
Old 22-06-2014, 18:52   #2

Re: East to West Coast-all or part of voyage

Can you tell me more about your typical day to day on board and also what the expenses would be? Thanks!

Tags
west coast