Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2015, 14:15   #1

Eager to Learn- Fort Pierce, FL

Hello! I very recently quit my engineering job in Alaska and moved to Fort Pierce, Florida. I want to learn and gain experience cruising as fast as possible. The ultimate goal is to purchase my own boat (30-32 ft) and go on an extended trip as soon as I'm comfortable. To that end, I figured going 'all in' and quitting my job would make most sense.

Does anyone know of any opportunities in the area that might be suitable? I'm very flexible and open to whatever at this point. I could really use some direction. I'm male, age 30.
Old 11-07-2015, 22:32   #2

Re: Eager to Learn- Fort Pierce, FL

Gruffian,

there's an opportunity for you to come along on a 2-3 week voyage, ending in N. Florida, wth the boat then going on the market up there.
Talking of a thorough sea trial! The boat is a 33 ft Freedom, ideal for single handing or a couple. And we'll save the broker's fee and split it 50/50.
So, file this away, and, if by mid-October or so you are looking for an up-coming opportunity, give me a shout.

Cheers,

franke

frankeminelliatgmaildotcom
Old 27-07-2015, 20:04   #3

Re: Eager to Learn- Fort Pierce, FL

Hi going from Annoplis to New Orleans on a 47 sail. Jumping down the coast starting Labor Day. Pay expenses if you work out.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum