Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-05-2013, 22:00   #1

Do YOU have room for two college kids? (destination South America)

Hey everyone!

My name is James Wilcox-Smith and I am new to this forum, I'm 22 years old and a senior at The University Of Connecticut. I live in Glastonbury, Connecticut. I'm intermediate level at sailing, I sailed with my family while younger and recently got really back into it this past two years while sailing with my Aunt and Uncle up in Freeport Maine on their 50 foot ketch. I was a boy scout and am an outdoor enthusiast from everything to white water, climbing, hiking, Skiing, fishing etc.

Me and my friend are looking for two spots on a boat heading South, preferably to South America for a one way trip. I'm not really sure how crewing works or how to find a boat, but we would love advice or the opportunity to jump on a boat heading south.
We have volunteer opportunities in South America, while filming and documenting the trip for possible non-for-profit film festival circuits (just the general gist of the project)
We can meet you anywhere on the east coast, preferably leaving around or after September.

We're both great young guys, easy to get along with, and a lot of stories. We're fast learners with an abundant amount of handy skills.
I'f you're interested you can also look me up on Facebook to chat, my name is "James A. Wilcox-Smith" or send me an email at James.Wilcoxsmith@gmail.com

To be honest, we don't have a lot of money to offer, but we're not looking for pay either. Just the trip down. We're not needy.
We already have most the gear needed.

I would also appreciate advice!

Cheers!

-James
Old 25-05-2013, 09:57   #2

Re: Do YOU have room for two college kids? (destination South America)

Or a spot for one!

Tags
destination, kids