Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-11-2010, 22:31   #1

Day Sailing from Barcelona

We meet every weekend to sail a fantastic old wooden racing yacht. Everyone welcome, from beginners to old hands.

Full details at The Barcelona classic sailing club (Barcelona) - Meetup

I am also looking for someone to help with working on the paint and varnish of the boat. In return I offer free sailing lessons.
Old 19-11-2010, 11:12   #2

To, Mr David,
HR

Good Day.
I have done a lot of blue-water sailing on large vessels & very much interested in helping you out, if you consider me. As you have said "I will help with working on the paint and varnish of the boat..." I have done extensive retrofit or Re-fit work on ships earlier

I am Giridhar, an Experienced Merchant Marine Engineer, by profession & qualification, Engineering Watch Officer, Regulation III/1, (Motor), STCW’95 certification, Unlimited of the Republic of Liberia, Bureau of Maritime Affairs. Certificate No 830911, Exam Number: 48729 Issued on 1st Oct 2008 at R.L., VIENNA, VA, U.S.
Expiration: 1st Oct 2013.
I hereby apply with your esteemed company, for the above said post. I am a qualified Mechanical Engineer (Diploma-General) 2002, and experienced Marine Engineer,for class IV/III rank (Motor) ,With Indian CDC.I have been working on short contracts like Delivery/Takeover voyages...,normally on PANAMA Flagged vessels with CEC. I have Watch Keeper’s Certificate for Rating Forming Part of Engine Room Watch also.
I have good experience in Over hauling, Maintenance, & assembling machinery, reading & understanding technical drawings & trouble shooting. .. Hope you will find my skills useful & provide me an opportunity to serve you... My C.V. is attached herewith for your kind Consideration. Have keen sense for details, while following standard procedures. Good at trouble-shooting & repairs....
I keep a good WATCH on machinery . I have a 'Robust' health, can do hard Work. A little about myself, my interests and my plans. I come from a Respectable Hindu family, Loving ,Broad-minded, Jovial; highly Enthusiastic, Honest, Truth/Nature loving. So obviously a Vegetarian/Vegan in my diet for health...
I have a lovely wife & a kid to care, back at home. Requesting an early reply.
Regards,
S.Giridhar,
Telephone (Landline) International call: in India: +91 8026541015 /Mobile International call: in India: +91 9902544071,
No 418,1st Fl, 18th Main Road,
4th T Block,Jayanagar,Bangalore, Karnataka,INDIA.ZIP:560041 Email:giridhar4eATyahooDOTcom
Old 20-11-2010, 03:08   #3

Hi Srinivasan,

Thanks for replying, but as you can see from my message, I am looking for volunteers who I will take sailing in return for a few hours work. I am not hiring employees.

Best regards.
Old 20-11-2010, 04:25   #4

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft
Wish I had known about you month of Sept 2009. Would have jumped right in, had lots of spare time from a project at Vila Olympica.
Old 27-12-2010, 06:53   #5

Hi David

Ive been living in Barcelona for 3-4 months and have been looking to get involved with some sailing. Im a complete beginner, with no previous sailing experience. I would be more than happy to help with some painting etc in exchange for some free lessons. Im teaching english here after working as a stonemason/landscape gardener back in the UK and am missing the practical work, so would be more than happy to help!

Take care, hope you had a great Christmas

Nicko

mrnickosmith :at: gmail :dot: com

Tags
arc, barcelona, day sailing