Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-03-2013, 02:39   #1

Day/o'night sailing experience wanted,Tasmania,north coast

I got wrapped up in the "Windigo abandoned thread" and as an armchair/keyboard sailor I'm putting myself out there. I am interested in assisting on any size yacht for a day or overnight adventure anywhere on the Tasmanian north coast ( I have an 11yr old in school so can't go too far for too long). I am 36, a tobacco smoker, confident swimmer, 70kg, 5'10" and reasonably fit. I DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL. ** MY EXPERIENCE**: As a teen I sailed 5 metre yachts (corsair) with naval cadet's (crew of 3 to 4) .With the cadets I aquired a TL 1 ticket (probably irrelevant now). I've sailed on Jervis bay and Lake Wallaga NSW, the Tweed river QLD and lake Burley griffin in Canberra. I sailed on square rigged "OURSVANNEN" (including mast ascend & yard arm walk) and helmed a 7ton navy patrol boat, both on sydney harbour and outside the heads. I've also been on numerous fishing trips over the years with relatives on half cabin power boats from 14 to 17ft. I want an offer from a seasoned, experienced mariner so I can gain knowledge and experience. I take instruction/orders in my stride and understand it's better to ask silly questions than to make silly mistakes. I am mature of mind and have a zero tolerance for stupidity or thoughtless behaviour. I am putting no time limit on my request so contact me anytime into the future if you wish to take me under a wing. Sincerely, Dirk email: djyello77@hotmail.com

Tags
sailing