Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2015, 13:15   #1

Boat: Kadey Krogen '42
Crewmate/roommate/conversation mate in Ireland this Winter & Spring

Crewmate/roommate/conversation mate wanted for winter and spring

Currently in Waterford, Ireland

This is certainly a special experience. I am willing to offer room, your own cabin and shower/toilet, much of your food, in exchange for keeping the boat clean, organizing, being a thinking partner, and helping me as needed with various maintenance chores.

In the next few weeks, I will start preparing the boat for our spring and summer cruise of the Baltic Sea.

Currently the boat, a 42 foot Kadey Krogen, is docked in Waterford, Ireland, right in the center of town. My wife, Julie, and I crossed the Atlantic from Rhode Island this past summer, and she has now returned to the states to work, while I am in Waterford alone.

I will be here until early June, getting the boat ready this February and March, taking some day trips in March, some longer trips around Ireland in April and May, then finally leaving for the Baltic Cruise in early June, returning in early September.

If we are compatible and you have the time, there may be a possibility of you joining us for much of the spring and fall. Sex and age do not matter, though the enthusiasm of youth is always a positive.

I also like teaching and if you stay during the spring will be glad to teach you the fundamentals of running this yacht. Clearly, having time on your hands also caters to someone who maybe just graduated, or is taking a break from school. Or maybe you have having a mid-life crisis (been there, done that) or just need a break. In any case, you must be responsible, nice, interesting, and interested in learning.

Absolutely no drugs, no smoking, but alcohol in moderation is OK. I seldom eat dinner without a glass of wine or beer.

You are responsible for your own transportation to and from the boat, whenever we may part company.

Normally in looking for boat crew, the plan is to travel. In this case, we may do some day trips or even an overnight if the weather allows, but I am also willing to take someone aboard who does not want to leave Waterford, but just wants to help out on Dauntless.

Email me at wxman22@gmail.com and tell me about yourself:
• Your expectations,
• Experience,
• Male or female
• Drink and eating habits
• Availability, when and where

Richard

Tags
crew, Ireland