Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 14:13   #1

Boat: Kadey Krogen 42
Crew Wanted: Maine / Nova Scotia - Summer 2010

I am wondering if there is anyone who may be interested in cruising with me in July and August of 2010 in Maine and Nova Scotia. I am an experienced sailor with a Camper Nicholson 39 ketch. I usually sail with my wife and kids but the kids are in college with summer jobs (both teach sailing at summer camps) and my wife says that she will only sail for a couple of weeks this summer. Last year she and I sailed to Nova Scotia for a month and then she flew home and I brought the boat back by myself. I sail by myself quite a bit but it is more fun with someone else. It is also easier to dock etc with an additional person.

I am unsure of the specific plan for next summer but I expect to be on the boat for 6-8 weeks and thought that I may head back to NS to continue from Halifax to Bas d'Or.

I am just wondering...
Old 12-12-2009, 14:20   #2

summer sailing

Hi,

My name is Gary Elkins and I am interested in joining you. I am a professor and I should have several weeks available starting mid-July before school begins again. I have some sailing experience (Chesapeake Bay, Irish Sea and the Netherlands). I have a strong work ethic, am easy going, a non-smoker.

What is your point of departure? Do you have any other details?

Here is my cell# - 706-599-7313

Thanks,
Gary
Old 22-12-2009, 04:18   #3

hello

Hello,
I am currently an undergraduate at Suny Environmental Science and Forestry ( a new york state school) and am interested in talking to you about your ad. I'm not sure if you have already found someone to go with, however, I have planned to ride my motorcycle to Nova Scotia after spending a solid summer studying organic chemistry. I know, fun. I have spent almost every summer on a 34' oday in lake Ontario and Georgian bay (canada). You can email me if you are interested htsmith@syr.edu . I will be looking to go to Nova Scotia in august.

Thanks,
Hunter Smith

Tags
maine, nova scotia