Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2015, 19:34   #1

Crew wanted - Jacksonville to Antigua delivery end of January

Seeking competent and adventurous offshore crew (and possibly co-Captain) for delivery of 60ft former racing yacht, Azzurra, from Jacksonville, FL to Antigua at the end of January/ early February.

Vessel is under new ownership and currently undergoing refit to more cruising-oriented purposes in Jax. Formerly a challenger in the 1987 America's Cup under the Italian flag, Azzurra is being moved to Antigua after installation of new engine, rigging modifications, and electrical/plumbing overhaul.

Ideal crew will have experience handling racing or cruising yachts in offshore conditions, be comfortable standing watch, possess mechanical and navigation skills and have a sense of adventure and humor.

Azzurra has a new roller furling headsail unit, new raft, EPIRB, new chartplotter, new head, all new electrical, brand new engine, and numerous other modifications.

Please reply with interest and qualifications to this post or to vincent.mattiola@gmail.com.

Take care,

Vinny

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 06-01-2015, 21:35   #2

Boat: Thomas Tugboat (self built) 20 ft
Re: Crew wanted - Jacksonville to Antigua delivery end of January

Greetings!
My name is Brad Thomas and have been sailing for quite a few years. I have built two monohulls (which taught me I did not want to build boats for a living) and am now on a sabbatical between manufacturing jobs. I work as a Quality Manager in the plastics and metals sectors in the Chicago suburbs. I had considered crewing in the ARC Rally, but that requires too much time. Sailing to Antigua sounds perfect. Qualifications include: basic navigation, scuba certified, CPR certified, cook, knowing proper sail trim, spinnaker man, good for any watch. Have cruised most of the Caribbean on monos and cats and am comfortable in adverse conditions and tight quarters.

Personal background: married with 2 girls, one at U of IL, one in high school, have a handyman / property management side business.

Contact info: cell 630-696-8623, e-mail waterbugs@Comcast.net, residence: 1587 Holiday Drive, Sandwich, IL 60548.

Thank you for your consideration. Anxious to set sail!

Regards,
Brad
Old 08-01-2015, 12:28   #3

Aloha Vinny ,
I am in Florida now , have experience, have the time , Adventurous !
Jeff 808 6350007
Old 09-01-2015, 07:22   #4

Boat: Catalina 34
Send a message via Yahoo to Capt Robert

Hi Vinny: I live in Jax, possess 50t Master's License, cruised through Bahamas and Caribb, about 25,000 miles under sail, very good with engine, sailing, navigating, anchoring, repairs. I am not a cook, though.

Contact me if you want to talk.

Robert
Old 12-01-2015, 08:44   #5

Thank you all for your interest in the trip. We've had numerous impressive applicants and have selected the crew for the passage. Kind regards. VM
Old 13-01-2015, 16:06   #6

Vinny
If my profile is someone that can of any help let me know if you need more background?

Emmanuel
Old 19-01-2015, 11:46   #7

Awesome! Azzurra was the first Italian boat that has participated in America's Cup.
I'm italian, I like this transfer you're doing, so if you need more help on board, I am sending an email.
Take care,
Antonio
Old 28-01-2015, 03:54   #8
Marine Service Provider

Vincent , I'm interested in talking with you . I am a builder of trimarans and custom race boats . I hold a 100t master of sail , ASA instr. certs. , have numerous crossings over a 30 year career delivering boats . I am trained in wilderness emergency medicine . I reside in St . Augustine . Please contact me at 904-540-2291 or capt.scottwatts@gmail.com . I look forward to hearing from you , Scott.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 30-01-2015, 06:17   #9

Boat: Catalina 25, Pearson 30, Coastal 45

Congrats on getting a crew. Have fun and post some pics.
Sam

Tags
Antigua, crew, crew wanted, delivery, jacksonville, wanted