Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 08:17   #1

Crew Wanted - Grenada to Costa Rica

My wife and I are relocating our Privilege 495 catamaran from Grenada in the southern Caribbean, through the Panama Canal, then onto northern Costa Rica on the Pacific side. We are seeking someone who has decent experience in offshore passages sailing at night and through storms. Myself, I have extensive passage making experience and our boat is well equipped. We have sailed her for a few thousand miles to date and she sails very well. We like to have extra crew onboard when making long passages and are wanting somebody who is well mannered, capable, and easy going for long passages. We hope to depart Grenada as soon as December 1-ish. I do plan to make the trip swiftly, but will make a sailing plan to stop a few times and enjoy the scenery.

Please send back a direct message to learn more.
Old 03-11-2012, 14:32   #2

Re: Crew Wanted - Grenada to Costa Rica

Hello !
This message to tell you that since I obtained a captain 200 diploma last june, I am looking for a position on a boat. So, even for free, it would be good to be able to work and learn with you on your catamaran. I planed to leave France in december for Grecia in Costa-Rica, so I'll know what to do once there. I can cook good meals and I'll work with pleasure as I am looking to gain experience.
Let me know what you think about it.
Thank you for reading this message

Claude
Old 11-11-2012, 11:03   #3

Boat: Catalina 34, 1999

I think I can help you. I have done most of the trip you describe before, recently. I am also an easy going California guy that has lots of catamaran, watch standing, navigation and ocean. My girlfriend will like to meet us along the way but will not necessarily sail with us.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:07   #4

Boat: Catalina 34, 1999

Oh yea I have my US Coast Guard master to 50 tons and am a ASA certified sailing instructor. References available,
Old 14-11-2012, 16:05   #5
Marine Service Provider

Good day!
I'm experienced sailor on a long passages,holding the RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Certificate of Competence 200GT,commercially endorsed. Have lots of experience in very extreme weather conditions. I'm very young looking guy,with a good sense of humor. I have a good record and no bad comments so far! I am very ready to be responsible for people on board, for you to be relaxed for whole journey. Yacht Delivery Skipper & Crew. Vetashev & Sons Co.
Old 24-11-2012, 13:41   #6

Good day!

I have 3 years experience working on veriouse positions on a ship. I have worked as a pot washer, assistant stewart, able seaman and MateDeckhand. I am a fast learner and I’m willing to tackle any thing that comes up in a professional manner.I graduated Ukraine Marine College in 2009 and now,I’m stady in Odessa National Marine Academy .
I'm interested a full time position. I'm a very serious seaman.If you give me opportunity I will prove myself to you,becouse I want to grow with the company and grow professionaly.
My salary expectations are open, but I will prove to you that I will become a valuable asset to the company and I hope you will reward my work.
Certificate of Competency: OOW Unlimited(valid:02/10/2014)
All Certificates for: Officer in charge of a navigation watch on ships of 500 gross tonnage or more: Navigator regarding STCW 95.Qualified in accordance with the provisions of regulation II/1..
Current Location - FT LOUDERDALE , Neptune Grope Crew House SE,21 str.
Visas: C1/D,B1B2, Australian
Mob: 706 305 5603

Sincerely yours,
Lebedynskyy Mykyta
Mob: (706)305 5603
Email: Neket_@mail.ru

Work experienceiving,Tender driving,Jet Ski,
April-2012 – September-2012 m/y “NASMA” as Mate-Deckhand.LOH : 100.72', Beam : 21.65'. Draft : 5.41'.Built : 2003. MY Nasma was a busy private yacht cruising the Persian Gulf. With 8 guests and 4 crew on board, I was responsible for navigational watches, chart corrections, boat maintenance, mooring, washing, polishing and painting.Shipyard Period.Tender experience..

October-2011 – March-2012 m/y “INTO” as Mate-Deckhand.LOH : 95’.
Boat maintainence. Mooring.Washing,polishing,painting.
Region of sailing:Black sea(Charter yacht).

March-2011-August-2011 m/v”ORIENT TRADER” as Able Seaman LOH -230m/Breadth – 30.DW: 36546.Gross – 32649
Bulker.Build – 2010.FreeFallLifeboat(30person).
Responsibilities: Crane operations, Watch on the bridge and on the deck. As well as I’ve got the education of the deck officer I was given a permission to assist the third officer/ So I assisted him in his duties according to life saving appliance, firefighting equipment. I was taught the plotting, chart corrections by the second officer. I was given the promotion for the position of the third officer.
Region of sailing: the Usa,Panama,Latvia,France,Finland,Alger

March2010-November2010 m/v“MSC NORMANIE” as Able Seaman LOH -172m.Breadth – 28.DW: 28422.Gross – 26242
Conteiner Vessel.Crew:25.Works done: Painting works, cargo crane operations, I took a part in the loading operations and watched the safety of the cargo operation (4*25000kg),mooring, keeping watch(steering),I was got the practice on the bridge by qualified Officer of the watch.
Region of sailing:Persian Gulf.

June 2008-October2009 m/v“MSC NIKITA” as Able Seaman LOH -230m.Breadth – 30.DW: 36849.Gross – 32629.
Conteiner Vessel.Crew:27.Works done: Painting works, cargo crane operations(2*5000kg),I took a part in mooring operations , I was let to assist the mooring operation on the forecastle by VHF , I kept the watch on the bridge, I was the senior helmsman ,
Region of sailing:Belgium,India,Germany,Spain,Kanada.

January2007-July 2007 m/v “SEA COQUETTE” as Ordinary Seaman LOH – 84.51m. Breadth – 13.50m.Draft – 4.8. DW – 2113. Gross – 2823.
Responsibilities: : Washing, cleaning accommodations, polishing all metal parts, chipped the rusts, painting works, welding works, cargo crane operations, lifting capacity of 1000kg, meal preparation for the crew, mooring, keeping watch (steering), was as a main helmsman, to familiarized with all equipment on the bridge and used them by qualified Officer and sea chart handling and corrections. Have promotion. Being the senior helmsman I passed the narrows , Bosphor channel , Dardanelle Channel
Region of sailing:Ukraine,Russia,Romonia,Grecce,Italia,Turke y,Egypt,Africa,

April2006-September2006 F/B “SUPERFAST 6” as Asst.SrewardLOH – 302m.Passenger – RO-RO.Guests: 1500.Crew: 400.
I worked in crew mess and cleaned the cabins and served passengers. During contract getting practice on the bridge. To familiarized with all equipments on the bridge.SARP, GPS, NAVTEX, AIS, GYRO COMPASS, MAGNETIC COMPASS, INMARSAT C, TELEX. Region of sailing:Patra-Ancona.

June2005-October2005 m/v “AEGEAN -1” as Pot Washer.LOH – 140,5m. Breadth – 20,5m. Draft – 6, 2. DW – 2.060.73. Gross – 11.563t. . Passenger.Guests:650.Crew:450. During contract getting practice on the bridge – Watch keeping procedures and arrangements: Visit Bridge, keeping watch, lookout post, forecastle, poopdeck, maindeck, and other work area. Safety and emergency procedures: Read and demonstrated an understanding of my Company’s Fire and Safety Regulation. Environmental protection. Region of sailing:Mediterenian sea.

June2004-August2004 m/v “MONERON” as AB – cadet. LOH -77,40m. Breadth – 14m. Draft – 5,33m.DW – 3108.Gross – 1908t. Tanker. Crew -11. Works done: Washing, cleaning accommodations, oil operation, to chipped the rusts, painting works, mooring, keeping watch on the bridge. Region of sailing: Odessa-Ugniy-Ilichevsk.

October2003-Desember2003 m/v “PEGAS” as AB – cadet. LOA – 21, 3m, Gross tonnage-64.0r.t.Pilot Boat, Crew – 6.Works done – washing, to chip the rust, painting works, keeping watch near the ladder and on the bridge. Region of sailing: South-east area of the Black Sea.

References:

m/y “NASMA”
TEL:+97 1501026194
E-Mail:captain@mynasma.com
Captain Denis Liamin

m/y “INTO”
TEL: +380935696677
E-Mail: crawen_@mail.ru
General Maneger Viktor Pavlov

M/v “AEGEAN -1”
TEL: 0030 2104290650
FAX: 0030 2104290663
Staff Captain Loukrezis Leonidas

m/v “SEA COQUETTE”
TEL: +30210 4294000
Fax: +30210 4294006
Telex: 211639 MCCL GR
E-Mail: MCCL@ATH.FORTHNET.GR
Captain Tsironis Vasiliy
Old 30-11-2012, 05:31   #7
Marine Service Provider

Send a message via Yahoo to lfmarqx Send a message via Skype™ to lfmarqx

Hi Guys!

I.m in Grenada as well looking for deliveries or job as stewardess temporarily! if you know something, let me know pls!

rgds.
Luciana

Tags
crew, Grenada, wanted