Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 21:03   #1

Boat: Dolphin 460 Catamaran WONDERLAND
Crew Wanted: For Caribbean / Bahamas - 2010 Season

I will be adding crew for the upcoming Caribbean/Bahamas sailing season that starts in November. I own a newer 46' catamaran and will be sailing her extensively this year in the named region. Beginner to experienced crew will be considered. you would need to be able to crew for several days to weeks at a time. Send me a private message if you are interested in sailing the Caribbean and tell me about yourself. We can trade some info and then talk by phone if it makes sense.
Old 29-09-2009, 17:07   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to LukeandMisty
Hi! My name is Misty and my husband Luke and I are looking for crew work as part of a 6 month journey we are beginning in November. Our starting point is Southern Mexico and the idea is to make it to the Darien Gap in Southern Panama... eventually and with many stops and adventures in between. Luke is an experienced rigger and sailor doing rigging and marine mechanical work now in the Seattle/Bellingham area and I am learning his trade as well. We are both laid back, and live to backpack, sail, climb, and generally live life to the fullest. No drama, open minded, safety conscious, and meticulous in all rigging, line prep, and care of all equipment. For fun we also walk slackline (like tightrope), and practice balancing acrobatics. Never a dull moment! If you are interested, please contact me! Travel in peace!
Old 05-10-2009, 10:37   #3

hey keegan,

i saw your message and would be interested in getting some crew experience. i am a complete novice but have been wanting to learn to sail for many years now. i am based in merida, mexico at the moment and available for the month of november and some of december.
can you tell me a little bit more about your plans? such as how many crew you are looking for, what duties there might be, costs etc?
about me, besides wanting to sail the seas, i am 26 years old and recently graduated from art school in scotland. i have worked as a chef for the last year and saved up some money to come to this part of the world. i've been living primarily in Ireland and Scotland and the US when i was younger. i too, am a resident of the world!

anyway, if you are still looking for folk, give me shout. if not, any advice on how someone gets started on crewing (especially from this part of the world) would be greatly appreciated.
take care,
sarah
Old 07-10-2009, 13:43   #4

Boat: Thinking about buying sailing
Send a message via MSN to koyote11 Send a message via Skype™ to koyote11
I am offering my assistance as a crew companion for any sailors who could use another hand in a sea passage on any size sailboat.

I once owned a 36-foot Columbia and sailed the Great Lakes extensively. I was also involved in yacht deliveries in the Caribbean. The past 20 years, I’ve lived in the Southwest and now feel the desire to return to the sea. I wish to spend up to a month sailing anywhere you desire.

I am in excellent physical condition. I recently climbed Mount Washington in New Hampshire with my two sons on a lively two-day excursion that left both of them winded. I hike 10 miles daily and have crewed on vessels in Southwestern Connecticut regularly throughout the summer.

I enjoy people and am good-natured and accommodating. I have lots of experiences to share and am a vivid storyteller. In addition to my sailing experience and knowledge, I believe I can bring a lot to the table; a strong and healthy body and mind, and advanced degrees in chemistry and astrology that often provoke interesting and enlightening conversation. I contribute to, and thrive in an atmosphere that is both fun but challenging.

I am also a digital photographer and plan to document any trip creatively and vividly. My work can be viewed at www.pbase/com/koyote11/sailing.

I will pay my own expenses and can provide references and recommendations upon request.
Old 19-10-2009, 08:52   #5

Hi Keegan,

My wife and I are currently in the Caribbean gaining some sailing experience. We are a mature couple(38/48) and by November 1st we will have a little bluewater sailing experience as well as having some freshwater cruising experience. We are eager to learn more and have a flexible travel itinerary for the next couple of months. We are easygoing folks interested in shared expenses crewing. We will be in the Southern Caribbean(Grenadines and Grenada) by November. Thanks in Advance and I hope to hear from you, Jeff
Old 21-10-2009, 19:27   #6

Hi
I would love to be part of your crew,
My sailing experience includes racing dinghes nationally since the age of 11 and yacht cruising and racing.
I will be heading out to the Caribbean in January '10 also and am seeking sailing opportunities
Best Wishes
Old 21-10-2009, 21:04   #7

Boat: Dolphin 460 Catamaran WONDERLAND
Thank you everyone for your interest in crewing in the Caribbean this year. I am responding to interested parties by private message so please send me a private message if you would like to discuss crewing on s/vWonderland this season.
Old 22-10-2009, 12:41   #8

Boat: Not yet
I'm free Jan 18 2010 to mid March.
Dan McCorkle – Dive Instructor

Current Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico

Cell: (954) 954-8676daniel.l.mccorkle@live.com

Personal: Height 5’ 9” Weight 190 lbs. USA Passport: Expires 10/1017
Language: English Non-Smoker in excellent health

Objective: Is to combine my PADI Dive instructor certification and OUPV license
into a position with a Private Yacht, Charter Boat or Dive Center.

Profile: - OUPV Near Coastal <100 Ton Expires 12/2/2013
- PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor
- PADI Emergency First Response Instructor
- STCW 95’ BST Certificate
- ASA Bare Boat Certification
Work
Experience: - 1996 - Present Engineer, Intel Corporation
- 2004 - Present Sole Proprietor Diver Dan Scuba Co.
- 1990 – 1996 United States Navy Submarine Service
- 1983 – 1990 University of Texas
South Eastern Mass. University
University of Phoenix

Education: - Intel College of Engineering – BS Engineering
- University Phoenix BA Computer Information Systems
- University Phoenix AA Business

Experience: - Owner BFM Sailing I, Bareboat Charter Co. St. Thomas, USVI
- Dive Charter Captain S/V Toucan/45 Catamaran San Pedro, Belize
- Owner S/V Hound Dog/45’ 2001 Leopard Catamaran
- Owner M/V My Relief/32’ 1965 Pacemaker

Skills: - Knowledge of ship electronics usage (Radar, GPS and Marine