Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-09-2014, 02:11   #16

Re: Crew wanted - Catamaran - Portugal - Canaries

Hi!
We are a young couple looking to cross the Atlantic during this autumn. We are not experienced sailors, even though we do have some sailing experience, but we are willing to learn and your offer means for us a real lifetime opportunity.
We should both hold a Coastal Skipper Licence by early October. Stepan (25) has more experience in terms of actually pulling the ropes and trimming the sails. In the last few years he has spent some 5 weeks sailing on regular 30-50 ft boats in Croatia as well as 10 days on a 200-ton 3-mast training vessel Spirit of New Zealand. Bara (23) has only 2 weeks of coastal experience from Croatia but compensates for this by sailing on 60ft boat from Argentina to South Shetlands in Antarctica and back at the age of 16. Even though her duties as a crew were fairly limited during this voyage, crossing the Drake Passage with hardly being sea-sick proves that she should withstand just about any state of seas.
We are available since mid-October and we will be happy to meet you at Canaries before the Atlantic crossing.
We are looking forward to your response,
Barbora and Stepan
Old 16-09-2014, 07:48   #17
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Crew wanted - Catamaran - Portugal - Canaries

Thread Drift Alert....
Hey Rob... may get to clink a tankard or two at the 'Sailors' come November-ish.. got a trip Denmark to Antigua lined up.. you doing the ARC proper.. or the Cape Verde's version.. ARC+ I think they call it..
Resume Thread....

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 16-09-2014, 10:08   #18
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400
Crew wanted - Catamaran - Portugal - Canaries

That's funny phil, I thought that wasn't your scene
Btw, that low off Portugal slowed our progress, currently in sunny gib waiting for the weather to pass, off to smir tomorrow to check out Africa then hopefully heading south to the canaries...let us know if you want a lift phil

No we are going with jimmy Corneille Atlantic odyssey. It departs lanzarote nov 16th. Whether we depart depend on the weather
Old 16-09-2014, 10:18   #19
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Crew wanted - Catamaran - Portugal - Canaries

Not going with the ARC... lol
Stopping of to stock up then head on down to the 'Verdes' and have a week before the 2100miles crossing.. could be a late Oct.. early Nov crossing so going well S.. then the shorter run across.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 18-09-2014, 15:43   #20

Hey Jen & Rob
my name is Aviad. Skipper, dive master and a good cook 27 y.o from Israel ...
me and my girlfriend Olga 25 y.o deckhand ).
we just finish a sailing on lagoon 450 about a month from atlantic france c to gibrltar , n it was a big fun...
We are looking for the next adventure n we will be happy to join you ,the passengers and the boat , help out white everyting ,have fun and get more experience...
we can talk in +972587869253
Skype aviad.ron
f b aviad ronn
or email ronaviad@gmail.com
Regards Aviad & Olga
Old 20-09-2014, 14:18   #21

Hello

I am interested in crewing on your vessel for the atlantic crossing. About myself, I recently graduated from University with a degree in marine biology. I started sailing a few years ago, most of my experience is on 25-35 foot race boats but I have also taken part in multiple longer cruises. I don't have any open water passage experience but I have done several 2000 plus mile self supported bicycle trips. I am free starting in november. Please contact me at fishbein38@gmail.com if I seem like a good fit.

Amos Fishbein
Old 15-10-2014, 07:16   #22

Hi there!

My name is Phoebe and my sister Daisy and I are looking for an opportunity to sail to Gran Canaria from La Gomera (where we have been staying for the past couple of weeks). We could take the ferry, but sailing is much more appealing to both of us. I have been working as a deckhand on several different educational tall ships for the past two years and I also work for a program called Outward Bound leading sailing expeditions on the Maine coast. I am 24 years old and my sister is 19. Are you planning on visiting La Gomera?

Thanks so much! Contact me if you are interested at phoebemcguire(at)gmail.com

Fair Winds!
Old 17-10-2014, 03:19   #23
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400

Hi Phoebe. Sorry we are currently near lanzarote and won't be heading your way. I'd suggest visiting the local marina and chatting to some sailors there would be your best option.
Good luck
Monte

Tags
aries, Canaries, catamaran, crew, crew wanted, Portugal, wanted