Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-08-2009, 10:04   #1

Boat: 1991 custom steel staysail cutter 55'
Thumbs up Crew Wanted: Caribbean Shakedown Cruise

Need several crew for a 2 month trip around the Caribbean to discover (and use) the best kiteboarding locations. This is a pre-run for a charter service on the same boat. Kiteboarding enthusiasts and/or sailors preferred. Currently 2 male (straight) business partners will be making the trip.

The boat is a spectacular 46' catamaran that has room for 12 (doubtful that we will take that many, but you never know).

We will be leaving Ft. Lauderdale late September and get into Panama by December.

Expense sharing, no paid crew positions. You will be expected to work some, but basically your only expense will be getting to Ft. Lauderdale, back from Panama, and food on the boat, though we hope to stop at ports to eat out, pick up trinkets and such.

Non-smoker. light drinker ok. Absolutely no illegal drugs. You must have a passport that can get you around the Caribbean and Panama.
Old 31-08-2009, 04:19   #2

hay
im 21 male looking for my next adventure
just wondering what your day cost is going to be on the boat.
i have sailed in the carribean once and would love to spend the winter touring around.
my email is crimpcool@hotmail.com
if you could sent some more info it would be great.
cheers
Gordon Crimp
Old 31-08-2009, 17:54   #3

Boat: Cal 39, Karma
jimhotdog,
What is your sail plan? Are you working down the Windwards and then sailing to Panama or going to the Western Caribbean and working down?
I'm seriously interested so appreciate your response.
jim
Old 01-09-2009, 03:26   #4

Im in Eire waiting by the rocks,
dega
Old 01-09-2009, 07:21   #5

Boat: 58 Taswell AS
Leaving from Florida in the height of hurricane season might give you more of a "shakedown" than you need. It would probably be safer to wait until later to start.
Old 01-09-2009, 15:10   #6

Boat: 45'=not anymore
Send a message via Skype™ to xxuxx
What kind of cat?

What kind of cat?

I can go............ Kiteserfer@aol.com

I am a middle aged female ski instructor....LOL
Old 25-09-2009, 11:54   #7

kiteboarder/sailor looking for adventure

Hi

My name is Trace, a 53 yr old male (straight) fit, History/PE teacher on leave until Feb. I'm an experienced offshore cruiser (Cuba to Panama, Norfolk to Bermuda to NY, Perth to the Abrolhos Isles) coastal cruiser (BC) have a coastal nav and cruising cert. from the CYA, taught dinghy sailing, high end windsurfer, mostly Columbia River Gorge and recently caught the bug and bought a kite and board. So imagine my excitement when I saw your ad. I'm very flexible for the next 4 months and looking for some adventure on the high seas. I speak decent Spanish and French so could be of some use in several Caribbean ports of call. I'm very easy going, sporty, a good crew member and have tons of travel experience which, I think, makes me very adaptable. I currently live in Van. BC. I could hook up on any part of the journey or with short notice and have the wherewithall to get where you guys are going. Let me know if this interests you. Trace Fairley 604 444 6677
Old 25-09-2009, 13:04   #8

Boat: 58 Taswell AS
The best site I've seen for kite boarding in the islands are Nonsuch Bay on the Eastern side of Antigua. A large reef protects the bay and the wind is constant. There are always 5-6 kites flying here. The anchorage is calm and protected as well. Great places to eat are a dinghy ride a way.
Old 25-09-2009, 14:23   #9

Boat: 1990, catalina 30' tall rig
My wife and I are looking for just such an adventure. Mid 40's Both scuba cert ( Instructor and dive master) sailing exp. We have dec-10-19 open. Where will you be close to at that time?
Old 27-09-2009, 11:24   #10

kiteboarder/sailor looking for adventure

Hi

I responded in a previous email dated Sept 25th. I can get to Ft Lauderdale at short notice if need be. I can be contacted at <tjfairley@hotmail.com>.
Sincerely
Trace Fairley

Tags
Caribbean