I am seeking a crew position from Mexico
to French Polynesia
on the Puddle Jump. I will be in Puerto Vallara from January 11 through the end of March, and plan to attend most of the seminars.
In addition to the normal crew duties, I would like to do a video documentary of the event (prep, sail, arrival). This would be my second sailing documentary effort. The first one was called "Gales, Whales and the Baja
Ha-Ha" which you can view at my sailing website Baja Ha-Ha Documentary - Oyster Yachting
which covers the 2009 Baja
Ha-Ha sailing event down the West Coast
from San Diego
to Los Cabos, Mexico.
My background and sailing info:
- U.S. Coast Guard Masters License (inactive), 50-ton, near coastal, sailing endorsement, towing endorsement
- Sailboat owner 1978-1981 (Tayana 37'), 1991-2006 (Beneteau 39'), crewed on Beneteau 62 CMB, Tatoosh 51, Nordic 44, Hunter 41, Islander 36 and others
- Sailing experience in coastal and bay waters (SF Bay, Monterrey Bay, Puget Sound, West Coast, Catalina Island, Mexico, Pacific Ocean, Sea of Cortez)
- Baja Ha-Ha veteran (class of 2009)
- Experience and knowledge of vessel systems, repair and maintenance; basic engine repair/maintenance
- Vessel, equipment, and fitting out cruising consultant for sailboat buyers and owners
- Red Cross certification in Basic First Aid and CPR, SCUBA diver certification, completed Power Squadron and CG Auxiliary courses
- Limited language proficiency in Hungarian, French and Spanish
- Expert computer knowledge and skills
- Other personal interests and activities include tennis, cycling, chess, gourmet cooking, film/video production, fitness, others
- Purdue University graduate, BSEE
I am an easy-going, fit 68 years old, semi-retired from the high-tech industry. Since I will be in Mexico, I would be available to assist with preparations after January 25. My preferred departure city is Puerto Vallarta
but willing to consider other departure points in Mexico.